cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[IDE] MCUXpresso Unable to open probe index 1

Curly
Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using MCUXpresso 11.3 and running a demo example code with RT1176EVK.

The error is shown when Debug is executing.

It has been several times to meet this issue and recovered only by reinstalling Windows OS.

After Windows was reinstalled, it worked fine when only one version of IDE, then I also installed a newer version of MCUXpresso, v11.8/11.9 to check the example code on the new version of SDK, and the issue appeared again.

Although I uninstalled all MCUXpresso on my computer and only installed v11.3, it won't recover anyway.

Please help to check what's going on.

Thanks,

Curly

Curly_0-1712027282818.pngCurly_1-1712027303446.pngCurly_2-1712027314922.png

Curly_3-1712027321605.png

Curly_0-1712027877370.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Is the hello world example you are loading unmodified? It will be helpful to delete the launcher and load the example while the board is on Serial Downloader:
1. Move the BOOT_MODE switches so it is on serial downloader(b01), please make sure to power cycle the board (disconnect and connect the power) so the changes take effect.
2. Launch the example, it will be helpful to try with the ledblinky example.
3. Delete the launch file and return to internal boot(b10)|
4. Power Cycle the board.
5. Relaunch the example

The reason why you need to import a fresh project from the SDK is that we are sure that this project works perfectly and has all the right configurations in the clocks and in all the other peripherals. This will bring your board into a known state.

Regarding the IDE, please make sure that the location is as close to the C or main disk, avoid a path with spaces.
Did I understand correctly that this issue still happens on the most recent IDE versions?

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Curly
Contributor II

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply.

Followed the steps that you provided, and the issue still can be reproduced.

Should it launch successfully in serial download mode?

I couldn't confirm if this issue was related to the PC driver issue, but it worked with IDE v11.3.1 before.

Regarding to IDE v11.9, there is no problem launching the debug session, but memory memory fault always occurs the first time and then hard fault after resume.
After resume a few times, the led blink example can run on EVB, but cannot stop at break point.

Curly_0-1712553299180.png

Curly_1-1712553786243.png

Thanks,

Curly

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, when debugging on serial download the session will look like this:

Omar_Anguiano_0-1713306657383.png

Is it possible to use a tool like Secure Provisioning Tool or MCUBootUtility to load the image to the device? Then with the IDE, can you try to attach a debugging session?

Just to confirm, are you using EVKB correct? I've experienced some debug issues when using evkb sdk on the evk board.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos