Hello NXP, I downloaded the new MCUXpresso IDE. It looks like everything loaded OK. I can build a project but when I click on Debug 'lpcxpreso54608_demo_apps_ I get an error message - No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected,

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello NXP, I downloaded the new MCUXpresso IDE. It looks like everything loaded OK. I can build a project but when I click on Debug 'lpcxpreso54608_demo_apps_ I get an error message - No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected,

daniellachance
Contributor II

Hello NXP, I downloaded the new MCUXpresso IDE.  It looks like everything loaded OK.  I can build a project but when I click on Debug 'lpcxpreso54608_demo_apps_  I get an error message - No compatible probes available. They may be disabled, disconnected, not powered, already in use or not compatible with this target.  I've checked the board where the jumper is supposed to go and it's installed but I think the board might be damaged.  i got a used one from the Avnet FAI conference.  Could that be the issue?  Do I need a new board?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Daniel,

Please can you review the information at the Getting Started tab on the board page: http://nxp.com/demoboard/om13092 just to make sure you have steps understood.

A few things to check:

• do you have the DFU Link jumper installed (JP5)? This will ensure the debug probe boots in DFU mode, so the IDE can boot it with the debug firmware.
  • Ensure your PC is connected to USB connector J8. The board will still power up if you connect to one of the other USB ports, but this wont power the debug probe. (The reason we start you off in the Getting Started section of our site by applying power via J1, which is a power only connection, is to let you see the board is working before you get going with development without having to get drivers installed first). 

Sometimes it takes some time for the drivers to enumerate the first time the board is plugged in. After attempting the debug connection try power cycling the board and see if a Windows "Installing software" message appears in the boot right corner of your screen.

0 Kudos