Adding an on-chip component to a project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an on-chip component to a project

juliancox
Contributor V

I have migrated from CodeWarrior to MCUXpresso and I am using a FRDM-KL26Z board and have loaded the SKD. I suppose I have, in the past, been used to just clicking on an item in the ProcessorExpert library, edit the properties and there it is - done. But how do I do it in MCUX? I know that ProcessorExpert does not have an equivalent in MCUX.

In particular I want to add I2C into a new project (which I have created) but I don't know what to do next. I have looked at a couple of examples which confused me even more., What I really need something like :-

"Adding On-chip Components for Dummies" 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting you.

For add the component follow the image example.
Select your Project > SDK Manager > Manage SDK.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1709250825773.png

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos

juliancox
Contributor V

Thank you for your help. I have learned a lot by working through the ConfigTools Utility but I have two problems. Apparently the I2C and UART were not initialised, although serial I/O was previously working.

1. When I tried to initialise the I2Cperipheral I get the message that it is nit supported. Apparently I need V2.05 and I have V2.03(although I have the latest IDE and AKD)

2.  When i tried to build the project after selecting the option to update the code I got two errors relating to the UART:-

../board/peripherals.c:148:4: error: 'lpsci_config_t' {aka 'const struct _lpsci_config'} has no member named 'idleLineType'

../board/peripherals.c:148:19: error: 'kLPSCI_IdleLineStartBit' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'kLPSCI_IdleLineFlag'?

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I did not understand well could you elaborate further? use an image about the issue if necessary.

Seems there is an issue with the structure, could you share the structure?

../board/peripherals.c:148:4: error: 'lpsci_config_t' {aka 'const struct _lpsci_config'} has no member named 'idleLineType'

../board/peripherals.c:148:19: error: 'kLPSCI_IdleLineStartBit' undeclared here (not in a function); did you mean 'kLPSCI_IdleLineFlag'?

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos