cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i2c driver code not generated

Jump to solution
ttahut
Contributor III

I have an existing project on a 55s06 dev board with a working USART (FLEXCOMM0).  I am trying to add an i2c component, FLEXCOMM1, to the build.  I have added the component, assigned the pins, and configured the clocks in the configuration tool but the driver code (fsl_i2c.c and fsl_i2c.h) is not generated and I end up with 'include fsl_i2c.h not found' in peripherals.h. I see the calls for I2C_MasterInit() in FLEXCOMM1_Init in peripherals.c, but that will of course fail to link as I2C_MasterInit() is not located anywhere else that I can find

Is there any way to force the regeneration of the driver code?  Or is there another way to get the driver code? 

I have tried top attach the Mex file but get this error when I try "The attachment's phase2-devkit.mex content type (text/html) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ttahut
Contributor III
Thanks for the pointer. It was actually SDK Management->Refresh SDK Components that did the trick for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I do not know if you try to add the driver, the code driver is not added by the MCUXpresso config tool.

1- In your project click right and then when the popup window appears go to SDK management.

Pavel_Hernandez_0-1664825869424.png

2- In SDK management select the Manage SDK Component another popup windows will appears.

Pavel_Hernandez_1-1664825923853.png

3- Select the option of Drivers [yellow mark].

Pavel_Hernandez_2-1664825994576.png

4- Type the driver you need to add, select and click OK.

Pavel_Hernandez_3-1664826047563.png

If you need more information please let me know.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
ttahut
Contributor III
Thanks for the pointer. It was actually SDK Management->Refresh SDK Components that did the trick for me.
0 Kudos