Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run RT1010 at 500Mhz clock?

Jump to solution
Elmi77
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm doing my first steps with the RT1010 and the Clock Config Tool in MCUXpresso.

My plan is to run the RT1010 at its maximum clock of 500 MHz. What I have done so far:

• enabling 24 MHz clock source
  • setting the mode to "Internal RC oscillator"

Now how can I multiply this clock to get 500 MHz at the core?

What I see at the moment:

• there is a PLL2 (System PLL) with a fixed divider of 22 which ends up with an PLL frequency of 528 MHz - isn't this illegal?
  • some other PLLs where I can configure the dividers and multipliers in a way to result in a frequency close to 500 MHz but never exactly at 500 MHz
  • a PLL3_MAIN_CLK which sounds like it is what I'm looking for but it does not provide and multipliers/dividers and therefore is at 24 MHz fixed

The details-view of my clock configuration looks like this at the moment:

So any idea how to configure the clocks properly?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.

With PLL2 it won't be possible to reach 500MHz at ARM clock so I suggest you use Enet PLL(PLL6) since it has a fixed frequency of 500MHz.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1658438044695.png

It is important to comment that for Industrial Grade RT1010 the maximum clock is 400Mhz, for consumer-grade the maximum is 500Mhz.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
Hope you are well.

With PLL2 it won't be possible to reach 500MHz at ARM clock so I suggest you use Enet PLL(PLL6) since it has a fixed frequency of 500MHz.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1658438044695.png

It is important to comment that for Industrial Grade RT1010 the maximum clock is 400Mhz, for consumer-grade the maximum is 500Mhz.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar