Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCX A153 Config Tool BUGs

Jump to solution
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hi,

I found 2 BUGs in the code generated by Config Tool for the MCXA153 chip.

First BUG - refers to configuration of the SPI interface. The Config Tool does not generate clock divider initialization for SPI:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-16 o 15.27.50.png

Second BUG - refers to configuration INPUTMUX

I configure the trigger for the ADC using TIMER0:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-16 o 15.32.18.png

The trigger configuration code is correctly generated in function ADCPins (inside BOARD_InitBootPins function) in the pin_mux.c file:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-16 o 15.37.47.png

but code in BOARD_InitBootPins() is overwritten by the BOARD_InitBootClocks() function:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-16 o 15.40.00.png

where INPUTMUX is reset:

Zrzut ekranu 2024-04-16 o 15.45.45.png

Regards

Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the report of the MCXA153 issues. I have created a ticket for these issues.

The initialization code will be provided for the MRCC.LPSPI0CLKDIV and MRCC.LPSPI1CLKDIV dividers. The INPUTMUX0 peripheral initialization will just enable the clock gate and de-assert the peripheral reset to be sure that peripheral registers are accessible.

Do you need a hotfix for this issue? I can prepare a fixed MCXA153 data package for importing the MCU data in the Config Tools (MCUXpresso IDE and standalone version of Config Tools).

Best reagrds,

Marek Neuzil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the report of the MCXA153 issues. I have created a ticket for these issues.

The initialization code will be provided for the MRCC.LPSPI0CLKDIV and MRCC.LPSPI1CLKDIV dividers. The INPUTMUX0 peripheral initialization will just enable the clock gate and de-assert the peripheral reset to be sure that peripheral registers are accessible.

Do you need a hotfix for this issue? I can prepare a fixed MCXA153 data package for importing the MCU data in the Config Tools (MCUXpresso IDE and standalone version of Config Tools).

Best reagrds,

Marek Neuzil

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III

Hello Marek,

Thank you so much. I made a hotfix for myself - until the update was released.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @danielkrol,

I have confirmed that the Clocks Tool seems to neglect any changes to the SPI clock dividers. It seems to erroneously overlook both LPSPI0CLKDIV as well as LPSPI1CLKDIV, so neither of these registers will be added nor changed on the BOARD_BootClockFRO96M() function.

I also confirmed that the addition of the FREQME clock will add a reset for the INPUTMUX0 module on the BOARD_InitBootClocks() function, which may cause trouble with other pin configurations previously initialized on the BOARD_InitBootPins() function.

I will report this issue to the ConfigTools team so they can fix these issues on a future release of the MCX A153 SDK.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

BR,
Edwin

0 Kudos
danielkrol
Contributor III
Hi,

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Daniel
0 Kudos