cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso Config Tool issue

pnhnkvr
Contributor I

Hi,

This is a bug report to the team supporting MCUXpresso Config Tool.

Issue is related to Pins Tool and i.MXRT processors:
If the pin configurations is spitted into multiple functional groups (i.e. multiple functions) and more than group initializes pin(-s) which needs changing IOMUXC_GPR registers the last operation to IOMUXC_GPR register might override IOMUXC_GPR bits for other pins.
For example i.MXRT1176 processor:

IOMUXC_GPR->GPR41 = ((IOMUXC_GPR->GPR41 &
(~(IOMUXC_GPR_GPR41_GPIO_MUX2_GPIO_SEL_HIGH_MASK))) /* Mask bits to zero which are setting */
| IOMUXC_GPR_GPR41_GPIO_MUX2_GPIO_SEL_HIGH(0x00U) /* GPIO2 and CM7_GPIO2 share same IO MUX function, GPIO_MUX2 selects one GPIO function: 0x00U */
);

will unroute pins 16..31 that have been routed to CM7_GPIO2 even though only one pin should be unrouted from CM7_GPIO2.

Best regards,
Panu

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Sorry for the inconvenience, it seems to be a bug. I have passed that to the development team and they should prepare a solution. We will keep you informed.

Regards

Petr Hradsky

Config Tools Team

0 Kudos

Jan_Kucera
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
I have created the patch for i.MX RT1176 MCUXpresso configuration tools version 11 data. This patch zip file can be imported in the MCUXpresso configuration tools or MCUXpresso IDE using menu File -> Import -> Import Processor Data.

Thank you for your report. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Best Regards

Jan Kucera

Enablement team.

0 Kudos

pnhnkvr
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the patch. Though we worked around the issue I tested the patch and it seemed to work.

-Panu

0 Kudos