How to install an SDK in ConfigTools stand-alone

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install an SDK in ConfigTools stand-alone

ingenutec
Contributor III

I've been using the MCUXpresso IDE and have installed an SDK there (two actually) via that drag-n-drop zip file method.  I can look at the prefs and see where these were copied.  All good there.  Unfortunately, the IDE cannot create a new ConfigTools configuration on it's own so I downloaded and installed the stand-alone ConfigTools.

Critical here is that the SDK contains some NDA only components, so they don't appear by default in the ConfigTools, but the ARE in the downloaded SDK.

Here's the rub - I cannot get the ConfigTools to connect to the SDK.  If I select the last option: "Create a new standalone configuration for processor, board or kit" - there is no option for selecting the SDK.  If I select the "Create a new configuration based on an SDK example or hello world project", I DO get the option to specify the SDK path.  So I tried that and I get the message:

SDK manifest not found in the selected directory.

I tried to select the SDK zip file, but they're greyed out.

Do I have to unzip the SDK first for ConfigTools to use it?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ingenutec
Contributor III

Libor,

As this is an NDA part, please contact me directly.  My email is in my profile.  Also here: robert dot palmer at ingenutec dot com

Thanks!

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

email sent - further communication will be over emails I guess.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert,

Config Tools cannot directly download data for NDA parts, but we can provide the data in ZIP file using the mcuxpresso.nxp.com - which parts are you using?

"Create a new configuration based on an SDK example or hello world project" requires the SDK extracted. Still it might require the Config Tools data.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos