RT1052 mcuboot_opensource to load iled_blinky.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 mcuboot_opensource to load iled_blinky.

gayans
Contributor I

I want to use mcuboot_opensource as the secondary bootloader and have the app reside in SPI flash.

I've flashed sdk example mcuboot_opensource using MCUXpresso IDE, "GUI Flash Tool" to base address 0x60000000. and built the sdk example iled_blinky and used the .bin to create a signed binary image.

"imgtool sign --key sign-rsa2048-priv.pem --align 4 --header-size 0x0400 --pad-header --slot-size 0x200000 --max-sectors 800 --version "1.0" app.bin app_binary_SIGNED.bin"

Using MCUXpresso IDE, "GUI Flash Tool" flashed the "app_binary_SIGNED.bin" to 0x60040000. following is the console output. 

hello sbl fw.
Bootloader Version 1.7.2
Bootloader chainload address offset: 0x40000
Reset_Handler address offset: 0x40400
Jumping to the image

The MCU is keep resetting and the app is not getting executed. How should I get it to execute? I'm planning to run the app from RAM eventually. what steps or any example I can follow?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jimmywder03
Contributor III

Hello, gayans Can you help me telling me how you signed image for this example? 

I will aprecciate it .

Thanks

0 Kudos

gayans
Contributor I

@Jimmywder03 "imgtool" is provided in sdk "SDK_2_13_0_MIMXRT1052xxxxB\middleware\mcuboot_opensource\scripts\imgtool" refer to my post for how to run it.

0 Kudos

VineeshM
Contributor II

Hello NXP Team, I also facing the same issue with imXRT1170 EVK board.

I want to use mcuboot_opensource as the secondary bootloader and have the app reside in SPI flash. But the blinky app is not calling even though the code jumped from boot loader to App address. Any leads will be very helpful.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @gayans ,

As I know, just simple app sdk example iled_blinky as the APP, is not enough, as the APP also need the related header to match the mcuboot_opensource.

You can test this code as the APP, this matches to the mcuboot_opensource:

SDK_2_11_1_EVKB-IMXRT1050\boards\evkbimxrt1050\lwip_examples\lwip_httpssrv_ota_enet

After it works, then you can check the related header.

kerryzhou_0-1652324320147.png

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry