cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746C Bootloader with MPC574XG-MB DEVKIT

eyupozer
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using S32 DS, SDK RTM v3.0.0 with MPC574XG devkit and MPC5746C MCU.
I've searched a lot of documents and discussion regarding this issue but I cannot find any document that explains clearly for the bootloader via RAppID.
My goal is to develop a bootloader for MPC5746C MCU Meanwhile there is an example for the MPC5748G and I have got an MPC5748G MCU. I applied every stage that explains description path of the example project but when I try to download the .srec file via RAppID program, a classic error occurred like the following image Loss Communication CCP MCU! Some thread mentioned about this problem but nobody has shared a good solution or sample project exactly!

pastedImage_2.png   pastedImage_3.png

My questions are:

1-  I need an MPC5746C "RBF" file, where can I find it?

2-  How can I connect the DEVKIT board serial port correctly? Only needs to connect with a serial USB cable?

3-  How can I fix this CCP MCU error? What is the root cause? 

4-  There are some RBF file in the "MBDToolbox_MPC57xx_3.0.0_20190218"  folder. Can I use this RBF file for general usage?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

rbf file for MPC5746C can be found in this package:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=RAPPID_BOOTLOADER_UTILITY&appType=license 

Yes, just connect USB cable to MPC574xG-MB. You can test which COM port it is - two new port should appear. 

Don't do power-off / power-on sequence as suggested by the message, just reset the MCU by button. Power cycling can't be used due to serial-to-USB bridge.

There's relatively small delay, so try to reset the MCU and then click on "Start Bootloader" in about 1s or less. This was working on my side.

Regards,

Lukas