cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Bootloader flashing problems

trayche
Contributor II

Hi everybody,

I'm working with flash resident bootloader for MK66F MCU family on custom made board. I have encountered the problem when i want to flash the bootloader to the board over the programmer, currently i'm using Segger J-link Base programmer. When i run bootloader over debugger everything works fine. But once i stop the debugger and i reset my board it starts to  behaves like the bootlader is not flashed properly on the board. I then try to connect to the board and read the memory with the Segger Jmem app and it gives me the next window:

Untitled2.jpg

It doesn't allow me to read the memory.

When i flash any other program that i made, it works without any problem. I debug it, reset it and it works fine. I don't know what could be the problem here? Is it some bug in the KBOOT v.2 release or something else? If someone can help me to solve this issue i would be really grateful.

Best regards,

Filip

1 Reply

trayche
Contributor II

Hi,

I just want to update this post. I have solved the problem i had, it wasn't about flashing it was a problem with the startup file. The .data and .bss section don't properly initialize. I just removed the initialization files startup.c and crt0_gcc.S and modified startup_MK66F18.S file.

startup.jpg

Hope someone find this helpful.

Best regards,

Filip