Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K82 DAPLink rev0244 firmware size larger than allowed

Jump to solution
yash_bhatt1
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working with FRDM-K82, I connected my board with windows 10 computer and ended up with a board that has stopped working.

Upon exploring ways to get out of the situation, I found this link with images and guide.

As I don't have external debugger to fix the bootloader I decided to just disabled the Windows Storage Service and flash the firmware again as I could still get my board in Bootloader mode by pressing the reset button.

BUT, when I try to install (drag and drop) application binary under "DAPLink rev0244". The result was that I was notified that the maximum disk size is 96KB while the binary is 107KB.

I tried other images (the smaller ones do get flashed) but neither of them bring the board back up.

I also have FRDM-K64, which too I bricked in similar fashion but was able to bring it back up following the similar flow mentioned above using (DAPLink rev0244 image).

Thanks you in Advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Must use a jlink to update the bootloader, because V1 doesn't support update to V2 via IAP. So we do need a j-link to download V2 bootloader to opensda.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Must use a jlink to update the bootloader, because V1 doesn't support update to V2 via IAP. So we do need a j-link to download V2 bootloader to opensda.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

"bootloader" means the version is V1. And firmware is 0244 ,suit V2. So, we need to update bootloader V1 to V2. We should use a jlink to download 0244bootloader to opensda .

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
yash_bhatt1
Contributor III

Hi Jianyu,

From the flow chart and literature our understanding is that as long as we can detect the board in bootloader mode, we should be able to update the bootloader using the drag and drop method (i.e WITHOUT jlink). Is out understanding here wrong? if not then why in our case we are unable to make it work with the simple drag and drop?

I got the understanding that the drag and drop should work from the line:

"Get the bootloader binary from step 1, and then copy it to the target"

0 Kudos
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check your opensda's bootloader's version,and if it is not 0244 ,you can update the bootloader to 0244, the link is OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP .

And when you press reset then plug in the probe , it will mount as "maintance",then drag the BL to it ,and again ,drag the firmware to it .   It will works .

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos
yash_bhatt1
Contributor III

Hi Jianyu,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have followed the steps as per the flow char.

My device is mounted as bootloader. So I download the new bootloader image for K82 from this link.

As per the flow chart, with new bootloader the device should be mounted as "MAINTAINANCE" but in my case it remains mounted as "BOOTLOADER".

Ignoring this I move ahead with flashing the firmware to the device. I download the firmware from this link.

The firmware binary under "DAPLink rev0244 OpenSDA v2.2 Bootloader" is the one I am using.

The firmware gets flashed and the board remounts, but it remounts again as BOOTLOADER.

I still can not get the device to work after unplugging and repuggling it in after the above steps.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos