cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ls1028a minimal switch configuration

_mkl
Contributor II

Hello,

I need help to get the TSN switch on ls1028ardb initialized as standalone switch.
After following the reset steps for the switch core and each port, the statistics counter adding up correctly received frames on all ports (broadcasts (ARP) and multicasts (PTP)). However, nothing is forwarded to other ports, the egress queue stays empty and also the drop count stays at 0.
I also tried to enable mirroring learn frames to an external port, but nothing arrives.

So my question is: What is the required register configuration for the switch to act independetly as L2 switch (without external CPU extraction/injection)?

Note: I am developing a driver for embedded RTOS, not Linux.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

All registers configuration have been include in Linux kernel driver, there is no hidden dependency. However some registers cannot be dumped, please use this method to check what registers have been configured by Linux.

I think customer can create one new function in our driver for writing register, and invoke our original write function.
In this new function, you can print the register address and the value to be set.
Customer can see whether they omit some registers.

For example,

For enetc,

You could define you own function iowrite32_tsn to invoke iowrite32 and print the register information. Then in file drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/enetc/enetc_hw.h, please replace all iowrite32 with iowrite32_tsn.

0 Kudos