cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The LS1043A-RDB reference board development

Jump to solution
bladerunner1010
Contributor III

I want to begin development for the 1043a processor.

I own the LS1043A-RDB, Codewarrior Tap and Codewarrior development Suite license.

I need to select a build system and Host machine setup.

I want to be able to deploy a Linux image, U-Boot and application to the target.

I wish to choose one setup for the Host Development machine Linux or Windows.

For my understanding the Codewarrior envioronment can  be installed on both.

If I install the Codewarrior on Windows, how do I compile the Linux image and U-Boot?

I don't want to use a Virtual machine or QEMU.

I think that the Flexbuild SDK can only be used with Linux, Is it possible to compile it via Codewarrior on Windows?

I have no problem using Codewarrior on a Linux host along with the SDK, I just want to understand if is it even possible develop BSP and Application, using only Windows.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

CodeWarrior only can be used for debugging u-boot and Linux Kernel, it cannot be used to compile u-boot and Linux Kernel image.

So it impossible to develop BSP and Application using only Windows. You have to install Flexbuild SDK on a Linux machine to do development.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

CodeWarrior only can be used for debugging u-boot and Linux Kernel, it cannot be used to compile u-boot and Linux Kernel image.

So it impossible to develop BSP and Application using only Windows. You have to install Flexbuild SDK on a Linux machine to do development.

View solution in original post

bladerunner1010
Contributor III

So if I add GDB server to my Linux image I can debug my application without using Codewarrior at all right? 

0 Kudos