cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup LS1046ARDB Board with 1588 PPS Out

kien_tran
Contributor II

Hello,

I've been using the Open IL Kernel Configuration to try to turn on PPS (pulse per second) support for my LS1046ARDB board. Right now i have PPS Support enabled in kernel config but am still unable to get a PPS out of the device using ppstest on /dev/pps0 which seems to be connected to /dev/ptp0 (Connection timed out with error -1). Looking around at the documentation, there seems to be a mentioning of pins AE1 and AF3 that support TSEC_1588_PULSE_OUT1 and TSEC_1588_PULSE_OUT2 signals respectively.

My question is what settings would I need to change in my kernel configuration to change the behavior of these pins to output the pulse out signals? 

My end goal is to send out a 1 pps whenever 1 second passes on the system clock which I have sync with a master using PTP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Check the RCW[EC2] on your board. See the Section 3.4.9 of the LS1046a Reference Manual.

Check your setting using "IEEE 1588 Device Driver User Manual":

https://docs.nxp.com/bundle/GUID-39A0A446-70E5-4ED7-A580-E7508B61A5F1/page/GUID-15E89810-0E59-4F13-8...

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos