One-step clock for IEEE 1588 in QorIQ ls1021a

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-step clock for IEEE 1588 in QorIQ ls1021a

stefanager
Contributor I

Does QorIQ ls1021a support IEEE 1588 one-step clocks? I can only find support for two-step clocks. If it is supported, is there any documentation or code available that describe one-step clocks in QorIQ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LS1021A supports IEEE1588-compliant hardware timestamping, this allows high-precision timestamps. The way, how this hardware timestamping is used in your software to implement IEEE1588 - is up to you (your software designer).

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stefanager
Contributor I

Thank you for your answer!

However, my question was whether LS1021A supports one-step timestamping. I know that LS1021A supports two-step timestamping, where a packet is hardware timestamped, and the timestamp is sent in a follow up packet. One-step timestamping is a HW feature (not possible to implement in SW) where the hardware timestamp is inserted into the packet that was timestamped. One-step timestamping is an optional feature of the IEEE1588 specification, although it is required in some of the IEEE1588 profiles.

0 Kudos