MT25QU512ABB flash programming on custom LS2160a based board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT25QU512ABB flash programming on custom LS2160a based board

andranikaslanya
Contributor I

On one of our latest designs is attached a Micron MT25QU512ABB QSPI flash to the LX2160a SoC.

There is only MT25QU512ABflash support in the latest CodeWarrior IDE and it doesn't recognize the MT25QU512ABB since the Device IDs are different for them.

We tried to add the new flash support based on the following references but still have no success:

CodeWarrior Development Studio for QorIQ LS series - ARM V8 ISA, Targeting Manual

Adding Device(s) to the CodeWarrior Flash Programmer for ARMv8 Processors

LX2160ARDB - How to configure a new flash device for a Layerscape board via CodeWarrior for a Layers...

On the LX2160A RDB / QDS platforms are used MT35XU512ABA over XSPI interface.

What files in the CodeWarrior IDE need to be modified for adding MT25QU512ABB support?

Also please mention the right direction for custom target initialization file combining based on the LX2160A_RDB.tcc and LX2160A_QDS.tcc

0 Kudos
9 Replies

andranikaslanya
Contributor I

B.T.W:

I don't expect only some final solution for LX2160A DRAM booting which can take days for investigation.

Providing some manuals for working with CodeWarrior CCS or hints where can I find them are highly appreciated as well.

0 Kudos

andranikaslanya
Contributor I

B.T.W:

I don't expect only some final solution for LX2160A DRAM booting which can take days from NXP engineers.

Providing some manuals for working with CodeWarrior CCS or hints where can I find them are highly appreciated as well.

0 Kudos

khushbur
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @andranikaslanya 

Please make sure you are using correct RCW configuratin. You can try to configure USE_SAFE_RCW = True in Target Initialization File
Please add following in C:/Freescale/CW4NET_v2020.06/CW_ARMv8/Config/boards/LX2160A_Custome_init.py.

def Config_Flash_Devices():
fl = flash.create(TA)

fl.add_device({"alias": "xspi", "name": "MT25QU512ABB", "address": 0x0, "ws_address": 0x18000000, "ws_size": 0x1FFFF, "geometry": "8x1", "controller": "FSPI"})

In addition, when you click flash programing icon, CCS(CodeWarrior Connection Server) console will be popped up on the right bottom of the Windows task bar, please open it and type "log v", then click flash programming icon again, the low level CCS log will be printed out, would you please capture this CCS log to me to do more investigation?

0 Kudos

andranikaslanya
Contributor I

After copying the MT25QU512ABA to MT25QU512ABB and adapting it to be used under FSPI as well (similar to MT35XU512ABA) we've succeeded to program the ISSI IS25WP512M QSPI flash one of our other old LS2160A based products but it still fails on our new LX2160A/MT25QU512ABB based design with the error in CodeWarrior IDE - see the screenshot.

MT25QU512ABB_LX2160A_Error.PNG

0 Kudos

khushbur
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @andranikaslanya 

This could be a hardware problem(as you are able to flash old board with same configuration). please make sure you have designed your new board according to AN5407.

If it possible please share your schematic in pdf format so that we can verify it from our end.

Thanks

Khushbu

0 Kudos

andranikaslanya
Contributor I
Just to avoid sharing internal information at this point (like schematics): is there a documentation for using CCS for LX2160A SoC?
0 Kudos

khushbur
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @andranikaslanya 

In the following link you can find the documents for  latest version of CodeWarrior  11.5.12

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/codewarrior-development-tools/codewarrior-n...

Thanks

Khushbu

0 Kudos

andranikaslanya
Contributor I
Hi,

Unfortunately, I didn't found what I was searching for, i.e., documentation for using CCS for LX2160A SoC?
My expectation is finding some TCL commands / scripts to bring up and for debugging the LX2160A based custom design in its initial stage.
0 Kudos

andranikaslanya
Contributor I

Hi,

I’ve noticed a document for Bringing up Layerscape devices using CCS script and DRAM boot .

This flow would allow us to configure the target through JTAG chain and boot directly to U-Boot shell avoiding the ATF stage and QSPI as well.

Unfortunately this document doesn't cover the LX2160A SoC.

Is there a method for doing similar things on our LX2160A based design as well?

Regards

Andranik

0 Kudos