Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSDK load QSPI NOR flash on FRWY-LS1046A issue

Jump to solution
williawh
Contributor III

LSDKUG User Guide Rev. 21.08, 05 September 2022

Section: 4.1.10.3 Program LSDK composite firmware image

1. Download the firmware (from NXP website) to the Linux host machine.
$ wget https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/sdk/lsdk2108/firmware_ls1046afrwy_qspiboot.img

2. Reboot the board from QSPI NOR flash and stop autoboot to enter U-Boot prompt.

3. Under U-Boot, download the firmware to the reference board using one of the following options:
• Load firmware from the TFTP server
=> tftp $load_addr firmware_ls1046afrwy_qspiboot.img

4. Program the firmware to QSPI NOR flash.
=> sf probe 0:0=> sf erase 0 +$filesize && sf write $load_addr 0 $filesize

5.Ensure that switch settings on the board are for QSPI NOR flash and power cycle the board. The system will automatically boot up TinyDistro (log in using root/root) or LSDK distro (log in using root/root or user/user) available on the removable storage device.

The system does not boot to TinyDistro...

Attached Boot Logs...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
khushbur
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @williawh 

Run below command under uboot.

=> run qspi_bootcmd

Thanks

Khushbu

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
4 Replies
wuckertrhea
Contributor I

Run the following command in uboot.

: Execute qspi_bootcmd

Thanks

Khushbu

0 Kudos
khushbur
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @williawh 

Run below command under uboot.

=> run qspi_bootcmd

Thanks

Khushbu

Tags (1)
williawh
Contributor III

Thank you @khushbur that worked great!

BUT, How do I get back to the previous way it used to boot? For instance, when I booted from QSPI NOR flash without uSD card inserted, it would boot immediately to tinydistro.

BUT Now, I see it booting to tinydistro eventually but, it goes thru attempting BOOTP for some reason (see attached boot log)...

Is it something I did, or because of the way this firmware_ls1046afrwy_qspiboot.img is built?

How do I get back to the OEM QSPI NOR flash boot up when I received the FRWY=LS1046A-AC:DEV BOARD PLATFORM, 64 bit

William

0 Kudos
williawh
Contributor III

@khushbur  I got it to boot to TinyDistro immediately, not sure if this is how to do it but it is booting the way it used to at least...

Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide Supports: LSDK 21.08

on page 67

To deploy custom LSDK images on a reference board running TinyLinux

1. After the reference board boots automatically, check whether the reference board boots TinyLinux or whether it boots LSDK userland based distribution. TinyLinux is a non-customizable prebuilt ramdisk rootfs deployed in flash media on the reference board. This rootfs fits into the firmware image on flash and is therefore called tiny.
  • If the reference board boots TinyLinux, proceed to step #3.
  • If the reference board boots LSDK-based distribution, it means that an older Ubuntu based distribution may already be present on the storage device that is plugged into the reference board. In this case, go to step #2 first, to force the board to boot TinyLinux.
  1. Force the reference board to boot TinyLinux.
  • Reboot the board and stop autoboot to enter U-Boot prompt.
  • Enter following command at the U-Boot prompt to boot the board to the TinyLinux environment for executing flex-installer:

=> run sd_bootcmd (for SD/eMMC boot)

=> run nor_bootcmd (for IFC-NOR boot)

=> run qspi_bootcmd (for QSPI-NOR boot)

=> run xspi_bootcmd (for FlexSPI-NOR boot)

So, I did:

=> printenv bootcmd

bootcmd=run distro_bootcmd; run qspi_bootcmd; env exists secureboot && esbc_halt;;

=> editenv bootcmd

edit: run qspi_bootcmd; run distro_bootcmd; env exists secureboot && esbc_halt;;

=> saveenv

Saving Environment to SPIFlash... SF: Detected mt25qu512a with page size 256 Bytes, erase size 64 KiB, total 64 MiB

Erasing SPI flash...Writing to SPI flash...done

OK

=> printenv bootcmd

bootcmd=run qspi_bootcmd; run distro_bootcmd; env exists secureboot && esbc_halt;;

=> reset

Now it boots immediately into Tinydistro…

William

0 Kudos