Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046ARDB RJ45 UART port reading issue

Jump to solution
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi all,

I change the SW4[4] on my LS1046ARDB board to 0 to use the UART from J4 (using RJ45-to-DB9F cable).

May I know:

1. What is the suggested adapter for this cable to connect to PC, since nowaday the PC will not have com port.

2. What is the pin layout of this 9 pins connector?

3. Since I have a CP2102 USB to UART bridge, I connect it with 9 pin connector. I have set Tera term parameters to be as the getting start guide, but when I reboot the board, I get the garbage message, not the log as in the document. May I know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

We try to install the CP2102 driver already but it appears to get the wrong message.

We then resolve the issue by directly purchase and use RJ45-to-USB cable that suggested from vender.

This case can be close now. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chanh
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

We try to install the CP2102 driver already but it appears to get the wrong message.

We then resolve the issue by directly purchase and use RJ45-to-USB cable that suggested from vender.

This case can be close now. Thanks.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1. The USB2RS232 converter could be used

2. Please refer to "2.11 UART interface" in LS1046A Reference Design Board Reference Manual

3. Please remember to install CP2102 driver on your host PC. Please configure serial speed at 115200.

0 Kudos