cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043ardb use CWTAP download u-boot for nor flash

Jump to solution
zhoujianyun19
Contributor III

I use CodeWarrior TAP download u-boot for nor flash.

If the nor flash already exists in u-boot,CodeWarrior TAP  can be connected to the development board.

Log is as follows:

1.png

If nor flash has been  erased .CodeWarrior TAP can't connected to the development board.

Log is as follows:

2.png

I want to know.   LS1043ardb development board first download u-boot to nor flash is how to download?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For LS1043ARDB, RCW override will works only if:

"You can have CodeWarrior override RCW_SRC and/or particular RCW values through JTAG.
For this you need to use the function provided in the initialization script and choose
the hard-coded RCW option matching the SYSCLK and differential/single-clock settings
configured on the board's DIP switches. Since all hard-coded options are defined with
serdes protocol 0x0, you need to also set SW3[4] = 0 (100 MHz for SERDES)."

This is from LS1043A_RDB.txt available in \Freescale\CW4NET_v2017.03\CW_ARMv8\Config\readme\

Adrian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, it is possible. This is the scenario used for programming blank flash device. The comment from readme file is applicable only for LS1043ARDB. Depending on how you implement reset logic on your custom board you will not see this issue.

Adrian

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually RCW is incorrect if CodeWarrior TAP cannot connect to the LS1043a. Use hardcode RCW or load RCW using CodeWarrior TAP.  

The LS1043a PORESET is input of the LS1043a. The LS1043a does not have possibility setting high or low level on the PORESET. See the Table 3 of the LS1043a Reference Manual.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
zhoujianyun19
Contributor III

I want to use hardcode RCW  using CdoeWarrior TAP.But Codewarrior TAP can't connect to LS1043ARDB development board.

Can you provide the setting value of the toggle switch for ls1034ardb SW3 SW4 SW5?

Thanks... ...

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For LS1043ARDB, RCW override will works only if:

"You can have CodeWarrior override RCW_SRC and/or particular RCW values through JTAG.
For this you need to use the function provided in the initialization script and choose
the hard-coded RCW option matching the SYSCLK and differential/single-clock settings
configured on the board's DIP switches. Since all hard-coded options are defined with
serdes protocol 0x0, you need to also set SW3[4] = 0 (100 MHz for SERDES)."

This is from LS1043A_RDB.txt available in \Freescale\CW4NET_v2017.03\CW_ARMv8\Config\readme\

Adrian

0 Kudos
cyrilstrejc
Contributor III

Dear Adrian,

I'm slightly confused you refer (by referring to "readme") the hard-coded RCW should be used to use the RCW override CodeWarrior feature. 

Currently I use CodeWarrior evaluation version, the newest version I can found on NXP is 2016.01:

https://nxp.flexnetoperations.com/control/frse/download?element=7308947 

In the readme (Freescale/CW4NET_v2016.01/CW_ARMv8/Config/readme/LS1043A_RDB.txt) there is written:

You can have CodeWarrior override RCW_SRC and/or particular RCW values through JTAG.
For this you need to use the function provided in the initialization script. Also you
have to set SW3[4] = 0 (100 MHz for SERDES).

My important question related to this is: Is it possible to have LS1043ARDB board (or any custom board with LS1043A) with completely empty NOR flash (no RCW stored in the NOR flash), set RCW_SRC to the NOR flash (by cfg_rcw_src pins) and still be able to download u-boot to the NOR flash without changing cfg_rcw_src LS1043A's pin settings by using RCW override CodeWarrior feature? I'm asking due to manufacturing process: if we need to design custom LS1043A board with switches to change cfg_rcw_src to hard-coded RCW before NOR flash programming via CodeWarrior JTAG or it's not necessary (in case of completely empty NOR flashed which is intended to be programmed using CodeWarrior JTAG).

Up to now, I have thought we can hard-wire cfg_rcw_src to NOR flash and use CodeWarrior JTAG to program the NOR flash without prior cfg_rcw_src change to the hard-coded RCW, but the quotation from your 2017.03 CW readme made me uncertain.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached files. These file are available using the following path in CodeWarrior:

C:\Freescale\CW4NET_v2016.01\CW_ARMv8\Config\readme

See the Section 5.4 of the ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
zhoujianyun19
Contributor III

Hi Pavel Chubakov

Thanks for you reply my question.

I read the section 5.4 of the ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf and tested it. But still be defeated.

Please see the Section 7( Flash Programmer ) of the ARMv8_Targeting_Manual.pdf. When my development board of the nor flash has been erased ,CWTAP can't connect LS1043ARDB development board all the time.

When my development board of the nor flash has been erased,TP6 test pin(PORESET)  has been pulled down all the time. 

But if development board have been u-boot init ,TP6 test pin(PORESET)  has been pulled up.I think TP1 test pin status has been 1.

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Is not about Uboot, is about RCW. If RCW is missing from flash device, CW is not able to connect unless RCW override is used. For this in initialization file USE_SAFE_RCW must be set True.

Adrian

0 Kudos
zhoujianyun19
Contributor III

LS1043ARDB development board has Hardcoded RCW mode.

What's the difference between Hardcoded RCW and software RCW?

If my development board flash has been erased.How do I download u-boot to flash?

0 Kudos