cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021ATWR - U-BOOT- UART - LPUART

zoranstoilov
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a LS1021atwr Rev2.0 connected with TWR-SER2. I want to use RS485 functionality of TWR-SER2.

But RS485 is connected to LPUART1 pins.

If I enable LPUART in "include/configs/ls1021atwr.h", the console from UART1/USB is gone and I can see it on LPUART1.

J19 and J20  before were shorting 2-3 when uart used and now they are shortening 1-2 when LPUART enabled.

My question is how to configure u-boot so I can have console and I can use LPUART1(/dev/ttyLP0)?

I have enabled ttyLP1 in device tree(&lpuart1) but I don't know if/where it is connected to TWR-SER2 board!?

I use SDK1.9 for u-boot building with sdk2.0 for openwrt rootfs and I boot from SD_CARD only.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Find the following setting in the u-boot configuration file for TWR-LS1021A board (ls1021atwr.h file)

#ifdef CONFIG_LPUART

#define CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS \

"bootargs=root=/dev/ram0 rw console=ttyLP0,115200\0" \

"initrd_high=0xcfffffff\0"      \

"fdt_high=0xcfffffff\0"

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zoranstoilov
Contributor I

I guess I was not clear in my question.

Before I had a ls1021a Rev1.0 and UART by default. The console was on ttyS0 and the connection to RS485 on TWR-SER2 board was ttyS1 and I used both. Now in ls1021a Rev2.0 the RS485 is connected to ttyLP0 and the console as well.

What to do in order to have RS485 and console on separate tty's?

I couldn't find where is ttyLP1 going from TWR-ls1021a reference manual which I could use as console.

Regards,

Zoran Stoilov

0 Kudos