LS1012ARDB can not attach USB serial port in windows 10 and wnidows7

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012ARDB can not attach USB serial port in windows 10 and wnidows7

changwonson
Contributor I

When I try to attach LS1012ARDB to a windows 10 PC with mini USB console port, The PC only can detect “MBED microcontroller USB Device” as a disk drive. No serial device be found.

Later I tried to attach it on windows 7 PC. The result is the same.

When I inspect the MBED disk, there are one directory ".fseventsd" , and three files "metadata_never_index", :Trashes" and "bootload.htm."

I installed "mbedWinSerial_16466.exe" on windows 7 PC anyhow nothing is changed.

Is there any way to know why the serial port device is not created/detected,  and how to fix the problem?

I attache USB info.  of the device collectted from "usbview.exe." 

LS1012ARDB for software development

Original Attachment has been moved to: MBED-USB.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

larryciummo
Contributor I

I sort of got it to work without great reliability.  Disable driver signing in Windows console - there is a one line command to put Win 10 into test mode.  Then reboot.

Do not open the file exporer at all.

Download the driver for the serial device and install it - ignore that stuff about Win 10 not needing it.  

If it doesn't install, then plug in the tower module to the usb. The try the install again. Quit out of any mbed drive popups.

You should get COM3 to something eventually. 

Reboot the tower board and power it up (reverse that!).  Set baud rate forTeraterm to 115200.

IF you don't see uboot, unplug the usb and replug it it. It will work eventually. login as root no pass.

Good luck

Use Win 7 if you have it

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no problem for using this driver under Windows 7.

We do not have experience for using this driver under Windows 10.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The latest version of this driver is available on the following page:

http://mbed.org/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration

Install this MBED USB driver.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

changwonson
Contributor I

Yes this is what I am using.

BTW, the driver can not be installable on Windows 10.

0 Kudos