Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012ARDB - NXP LSDK 1909 main

Jump to solution
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

Hi,

Did full build "flex-builder -m ls1012ardb -b qspi" and got all images created then flashed on my RDB.

Boots well, nor problems. Boot partition and RFS user land are on a USB stick, all ok.

Below my output:

image2020-2-13_10-23-46.png

My problem now is (maybe stupid but tried and searched but no success yet) that I arrive into the login screen and there am asked for:

NXP LSDK 1909 main
localhost login:

Tried several things but cannot log into it. What are the credentials? Was also looking in sources and Community here but cannot find it.

Thx Christophe

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

Update. Finally did a complete rebuild and reflash, possible I'd some mess in my files somewhere, whatever ...

Also you must understand I did the scp move to bring in tarballs on my sda3 from outside and not from inside the target seeing my network infrastructure - so I had an open SCP session into my target from outside (that worked fine). Think I've to close this session first then reboot and all works with root/root credentials. Keeping the outside SCP session active while rebooting does not work - and make sense. Agree? Thx Christophe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

Update. Finally did a complete rebuild and reflash, possible I'd some mess in my files somewhere, whatever ...

Also you must understand I did the scp move to bring in tarballs on my sda3 from outside and not from inside the target seeing my network infrastructure - so I had an open SCP session into my target from outside (that worked fine). Think I've to close this session first then reboot and all works with root/root credentials. Keeping the outside SCP session active while rebooting does not work - and make sense. Agree? Thx Christophe

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Use "root" as login & password

0 Kudos
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

Yep, did this already: root/root, root/toor, user/user, user/(no pwd), root/(no pwd), (no user)/(no pwd) etc.

Says all the time Login incorrect. Also login times out after 60 sec. if doing nothing.

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You wrote:

Boot partition and RFS user land are on a USB stick

What is the origin of the stick?

Please provide complete U-Boot + Linux textual booting logs as attachments.

0 Kudos
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

There you go. USB stick origin is a Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0, 16G.

Thx Christophe

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry - where did yo get the stick?

Was it made using the LSDK 1909 components?

0 Kudos
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

I am not sure to understand. When you say where you mean where I bought it?? Sounds weird but maybe just a misunderstanding please reformulate again.

0 Kudos
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In many reported use cases I see that login is "root" and password is empty.

Was the stick made by you using the LSDK 1909 components?

0 Kudos
christophe_schm
Contributor IV

I was relying myself on document "LS1012ARDBGSG.pdf", rev5 8/2018, a following especially the chapter  "§14 Deploying Ubuntu userland on LS1012ARDB".

My aim is to be able to fully build firmware (that seems to works) and the boot partition + RFS (which must be put on USB stick in my case indeed).

To answer your question: yes I prepped the stick following instructions given in "§14.5.2 Option 2: By preparing SDHC card on the board". I did it the target way via udhcpc method. So yes I used flex-installer as explained expect my device was not  /dev/mmcblk0  but  /dev/sda. At the end I got also four partitions and enterer 3rd partition (think labelled "backup") where I put both tarballs coming out of a "flex-builder -m ls1012ardb" just like the firmware above. No special settings yet, just following instructions and using a USB stick instead of an SD card yet, that's it.

What I am doing now is I completely cleaned my builds (inlc. rfs) and redo it clean way then reflash and I'll see.

I've you've other elements please share so I don't loose more time on looking for solution (even if I like doing that :smileywink:).

Thx Christophe

0 Kudos