cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C EEPROMs confusion for LS1028ARDB

NanWang
Contributor II

Hi, NXP guys,

There are three EEPROMs on LS1028ARDB: I2C BOOT EEPROM, SYSTEM ID EEPROM and DDR4SPD EEPROM. I'm so confused about these three concepts.

1. For I2C BOOT EEPROM, I give my understanding about this, this function belongs to TF-A and it supports I2C boot. I refer to the following post in forum:

Solved: LS1028 I2C Boot flow - NXP Community

But I also want to figure out which files corresponding to this function in uboot directory for LS1028ARDB?

2. For SYSTEM ID EEPROM, I think this function belongs to linux kernel and I don't know its function and I also want to know which files related to this function in kernel directory for LS1028ARDB?

3. For DDR4 SPD EEPROM, I think this function belongs to TF-A and I want to know which files related to this function in "flexbuild_lsdk2108/components/firmware/atf" directory for LS1028ARDB?

4. These three EEPROM use I2C Serial Interface. There are following three mode for EEPROM:

• 100 kHz Standard mode
  • 400 kHz Fast mode
  • 1 MHz Fast Mode Plus (FM+)

Which mode is used for each of three EEPROMs on LS1028ARDB? Standard mode, Fast Mode or Fast Mode Plus?

5. I saw DDR driver support DIMM, Mock DIMM and Discrete DDR. What does this mean? and what DDR timing parameters can be used for LS1028ARDB in default?

Are there any reference documents that describe these concepts in detail? By the way, I am new to NXP product and please explain as much detail as possible. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to section "2.13 I2C interface" in "QorIQ LS1028A Reference Design Board Reference Manual" and section "5.2.1.1 TF-A DDR Driver" in LSDKUG_Rev21.08.pdf.

0 Kudos