cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding udev rules and/or netplan config.yaml file to Ubuntu devel rfs

Jump to solution
hungtran669
Contributor I

I couldn't find any examples of updating networking related stuff like netplan config.yaml or udev rules to the Ubuntu devel distro for flex-builder. Is there a simple way to do this or do we need to follow "How to add a new app component in Flexbuid" to just copy the files to the appropriate location like /etc/netplan ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
You method is correct.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hungtran669
Contributor I

Hi yipingwang,

Thanks for the feedback. But in my case I want to be able to commit these changes to the repo and make it permanent. In your example above, the changes it is pack and compress the rfs with the changes within the build. 

Is there a way to make it config.yaml change permanent to be able to commit to repo or even any other changes to rfs (I had other question like how to update /etc/sshd_config file, or adding files to /lib/systemd/network/..)?

What I ended up doing was add it as a component:

1) Add config.yaml under components/apps/networking/netplan_config/

2) Create a netplan_config.mk under packages/app/networking/ which would create the directory, copy the file over to the destination:

cd $(NETDIR)/netplan_config && \
mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)/etc/netplan && \
cp config.yaml $(DESTDIR)/etc/netplan/ && \

3) Run 'flex-builder -c netplan_config -r ubuntu:devel -a arm64'

4) Run 'flex-builder -i merge-component -r ubuntu:devel -a arm64'

5) flex-builder -i packrfs -r ubuntu:devel -a arm64

This appears to do what I need but I'm not sure if this is the right way to handle it or if there is an easier solution? For example, under packages there is a rfs/misc/udev/udev-rules-qoriq directory, could it be there is a way to just add say a rfs/misc/netplan directory and put config.yaml in there?

Thanks,

Hung

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
You method is correct.
0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please execute the following command.

$ flex-builder -i mkrfs -r ubuntu:main

Then go to folder build/rfs/rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64, add config.yaml in etc/netplan or put udev rules in folder etc/udev/rules.d/.

Run the following command to get rootfs_lsdk2108_ubuntu_main_arm64.tgz in folder build/images/.

$ flex-builder -i packrfs  

0 Kudos