Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATF -> Uboot (ls1043ardb, ls1043argw)

endrunner_smw
Contributor III

I have two devices:

• LS1043ARDB
  • LS1043ARGW

I am able to build rcw, atf, and uboot for an sdcard and boot(sd) a mainline kernel and a custom filesystem on the ls1043ardb.

I then created duplicate files to be modified for ls1043argw.

I utilized the information in this post to get DDR timings and get RCW to validate:
Solved: Re: LS1043ARGW SD TFA boot problem - NXP Community

I then built the newly customized versions of rcw, atf, and uboot for ls1043argw.

In the TFA bootflow the ls1043argw is hanging in BL31 where it is suppose to hand over control to BL33(Uboot), but Uboot never starts.

I don't have code warrior or a JTAG tap.

What would be more likely...that atf is misconfigured and not properly pointing at Uboot(which I'm pretty sure it's correct currently), or that Uboot is failing to start/initialize?

I should add I'm using:

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies

yellapu_anishkh
Contributor IV
other issue is related to UART driver.
0 Kudos

JPRaja
Contributor I

Hi, 

Have you resolved that issue?

We are able to load the UBoot but it's not moving further.

Also, we are able to enter the Uboot commands in the console. UART is alive.

Actually, what is your issue and How you resolved it?

Can you elaborate it in detail.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

J.P.Raja 

0 Kudos

endrunner_smw
Contributor III

I haven't posted on this for a while, but I am able to get into Uboot. I am able to load into memory kernel, device tree, and I have a flashdrive for the root file system. However, I am still unable to fully boot the system. I'm assuming it has something to do with the device tree I have, but I could be wrong. The board file in Uboot doesn't report correctly saying things essentially like no memory installed, etc. The board file is for the LS1043ARDB instead of the LS1043ARGW which also doesn't include a CPLD. I am working on the assumption that since I can get to the Uboot console and load files into memory that Uboot is technically doing what it's supposed to and its the execution of the kernel that is failing now. I don't currently have the debug output available. I'll try to remember to add more to this in the next few days.

0 Kudos