lpc54114 stand alone m0+ test app

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc54114 stand alone m0+ test app

EinHexenMeister
Contributor I

i'm trying to create either a minimalistic C or C++ app from scratch in mcuxpresso v11.6.0 and encounter 2 issues

1) the prepackaged new project wizzard misses the core_cm0plus.h library file and i had to fetch it from the SDK

2) now it builds the default simple "Hello World" m0 master app and seems to load it, but then it throws a "Break at address "0x300013a" with no debug information available, or outside of program code." as well as a "stalled on bus operation" in the status bar

as mentioned above this is a "new project" creation which works fine for the m4 core

i have a small dual core eval app running and it seems fine, except the compilation and loading of both cores takes quite some time and i can't seem to be able to restart it in the debugger. no restart for the dual core working means reloading every time and time and time ...

so i thought i would try to get the m0 part written and debugged in a stand alone fashion and later blend it with the m4 real master and have the m0 be the slave and tie the inter core communication at this time

i tried to run it "as default" out of flash ... is this stand alone flash based m0 master possible at all or what am i doing wrong

any advise is always greatly appreciated

many tx, EinHexenMeister

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @EinHexenMeister,

I hope you are doing well!

Regarding your first problem. Thank you for the feedback! As you did, we will have to always manually include core_cm0plus.h project. This can also be done during project creation.

Regarding the second problem.  "Break at address 0x300013a". This because the M4 core is setup as master by default and the M0 is set as slave and in suspend mode.

Taking closer look during debug session (using peripherals view) the M4 is the MASTERCPU.

RaulRomero_0-1665084206027.png

Unfortunately, we do not have any example to boot the M0 as master CPU.

I will mention the following documentation that covers Slave core memory allocation strategies, dual core startup and debugging guide:

Many thanks for your patience and for your comments.

Regards, Raul.

0 Kudos