Release Build and JTAG PINS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Build and JTAG PINS

timothymasters
Contributor II

I am having disappointing results with the Release Build of my project. In the Debug build, the code is running as I expect although I have a GPIO on JTAG TCK that cannot be observed in the Debug build. I was expecting the GPIO shared with JTAG TCK to function as coded in the Release Build but this is not the case. It still remains stuck High. Also the signals on the GPIO are running approximately 52 times faster in the Release build v the Debug build.

I checked the project preferences between the builds and did not find anything different. My target device is an LPC11U24FBD64/401.

Summary:

1.  GPIO signal sharing JTAG TCK still does not function in Release build.

2.  GPIO's are running approximately 52 times faster in the Release build v the Debug build.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Fundamentally, building the release configuration of a project just changes the optimisations performed by the compiler. If you are seeing different code behavior then the most likely reason is that some aspects of your code is dependent on the speed of execution. I would start looking for any delay loops in the code.

This following FAQ looks at levels of optimisation and also links to optimisation details that might shed some light on your issue:

https://community.nxp.com/message/630731 

Yours,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos