Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso824 MAX board will not connect

Jump to solution
juliancox
Contributor V

When I try to debug I get the message -

LinkServer not found

When I search for Any Emulator I get nothing.

Control panel shows an MBED CMSIS-DAP and an MBED Serial PORT.

When I reset the board the GreenLED is on and when I select Debug it flashes Green/Red

I have included board.h and chip.h and tried all options in the debug configuration.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
juliancox
Contributor V

Yes,many times, with a few updates

I am using OSX Seirra, running Parallels virtual machine with Windows 7.

I have the latest version of LPCXpresso.

To cut to the chase, I have found that the Avast anti-virus software had blocked one of the .exe files associates with the device driver for the board. It now works fine, but I thought I would add the extra to show that LPCXpresso can be run on a MAC and, by the way, it works fine with LPC-Link2 (I am an ex-Keil user).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you ever been able to debug this particular board on this specific PC? If it has worked previously, is there any obvious trigger for the problems starting - for instance an OS update, or following a debug session with a particular example?

Can you also confirm what OS and version are you running?

And what version of LPCXpresso IDE (or MCUXpresso IDE) ?

With no debug session running...

• In Project Explorer view, delete any .launch files from inside your project.
  • Ensure that there are no processes running called: 
    • crt_emu_*
    • arm-none-eabi_gdb*
    • redlinkserv
  • Disconnect the USB cable from your LPCXpresso824-MAX board, then press and hold down the SW2/ISP button, then reconnect the USB cable so that the board powers back up. Then release the ISP button (this will boot the board in ISP mode as described in Regaining debug access to target MCU )
  • Although you are not using an LPC-Link2, it might also be worth checking the Troubleshooting section of Booting LPC-Link2 , as several of these suggestions are generic USB hardware rather than LPC-Link2 specific.

Now try launching a debug session again - preferably using one of the standard LPCOpen examples for this board - and let us know whether your debug session now suceeds.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
juliancox
Contributor V

Yes,many times, with a few updates

I am using OSX Seirra, running Parallels virtual machine with Windows 7.

I have the latest version of LPCXpresso.

To cut to the chase, I have found that the Avast anti-virus software had blocked one of the .exe files associates with the device driver for the board. It now works fine, but I thought I would add the extra to show that LPCXpresso can be run on a MAC and, by the way, it works fine with LPC-Link2 (I am an ex-Keil user).

0 Kudos
kipwanaselja
Contributor I

What did you change in avast to get it to stop blocking the file?  I am having a similar issue and also have avast anti virus...

0 Kudos
juliancox
Contributor V

Once I realised that a file was being blocked it became quite simple to fix the problem.

1. Open Avast.

2. Click on the small BELL symbol (top right)

3. Click on "OPEN VIRUS CHEST"

4.Right click on the file that you wish to unblock and select "Restore".

5 Close all windows.

0 Kudos