cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging Code in external Ram (IS42S16400J-7TLI) on LPC4330

ThomasMeyer
Contributor I

Hi NXP Community,

I'm looking for a way to debug my code from external ram. In my Opinion basically I need to write a script that pokes the appropriate registers to set the SDRAM up before your debug session attempts to download the code into the SDRAM. Do I understand correctly that the script is supposed to do the same thing as the sysinit_lpc4330 ?

/* Enable EMC clock */
Chip_Clock_Enable(CLK_MX_EMC);
/* Init EMC Controller -Enable-LE mode */
Chip_EMC_Init(1, 0, 0);
/* Init EMC Dynamic Controller */
Chip_EMC_Dynamic_Init((IP_EMC_DYN_CONFIG_T *) &IS42S16400_config);

Does anyone have experience with this and can give me a start? I´m using LPC-Link2 and have no experience with the script language.

thx

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

As I know we don't have such a script for external RAM.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ThomasMeyer
Contributor I

Hi,

many thanks for the answer. I didn't expect a finished script either. I was hoping you might be able to give me a start. There is a script for Keil's uVision IDE. I attached it.

The concept from KEIL allows to write these script files nearly like standard C code. How about lpcxpresso/mcuxpresso? What kind of script file is executing by the lpcxpresso debugger and which Emulator is the right one ? "Redlinkserver; CMSIS-DAP; LPC-Link(WinUSB);LPC-Link(Hid); RedProbe family" ? Can you give me some information about the different emulators ? I´m using a LPC-Link2 as HW Debugger.

Is it possible to add a script or the script commands in the Init commands under Edit script ? Do you have examples showing the different possibilities of the Init commands ? sorry for the many stupid questions, I have no experience with this

Debconfigurations.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I suggest you check MCUXpresso IDE user guide. in chapter  of "Appendix-Additional Hints and Tips", section "LinkServer Script"

0 Kudos