Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ueZGUI-1788-70WVM I2C

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Mon Jun 29 01:48:44 MST 2015

hi ,

i am using ueZGUI-1788-70wvm. For this kit i have dowloaded example source folder which is uEZ_v2.06c_SourceForge. Is that all examples are according to this ueZGUI-1788-70wvm kit only? or for its family?? Because in that I2C example code i fount I2C _PCA9532, actually PCA9532 IC is not there in ueZGUI-1788-70wvm-BA board schematics. i really confusing by seeing uEZ_2.06c_SourceForge source code. can anyboday help me to how to understad this example source code?? mainly i want to configure this LCD and develop my application related screens... One more doubt is in schematics J4,J5 connectors are connected to Display or only J4 is connected to Expansion board??

thanks in advance..

Best Regards,
padmaja m.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Thu Jul 02 03:19:30 MST 2015

chris,

thanks for spending your valuable time

padmaja
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by chris.stocker on Wed Jul 01 07:35:43 MST 2015
padmaja,

That is correct J7 and J14 are for the LCD. The connectors J4 and J5 have the unused pins from the LPC1788 for application development. On J5 there are 16 GPIO that can be used as IO pins or one of the available functions, for example P0.0 and P0.1 can be configured as UART3. On the J4 connector there are 37 GPIO signals, if your application required Ethernet then 10 of these signals would be required leaving you with 27 extra IO pins. Whether or not 10 IO pins will be available depends on you application requirements. If the application requirements do not leave enough IO pins you could also add an I2C GPIO expander, like the PCF8574, to your expansion board.

We also have another reference expansion board, the uEZGUI-EXP-DK, that may help you with your design.

http://www.teamfdi.com/products/uEZGUI-EXP-DK/sch/UEZGUI_EXP_DK_SCH_2.pdf

Precompiled demos of our software are available in the uEZ release package in the folder "Precompiled FDI Demos\uEZGUI-1788-70WVM".

Chris Stocker
TeamFDI
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Wed Jul 01 01:49:36 MST 2015
hi chris,

so only J7 and J14 connectors are for LCD. But J4 and J5 has some signals. some lines are used for Ethernet ,USB , RS232/RS485. Remaining lines are free or used for BA board and LCD?? why i am asking is we need min 10 i/o lines for application status etc. So is it possible with (uezGui-1788-70WVM)this kit ??

one more doubt is when we do some display screen and we load that code to lpc1788, after that i dont't want to see my dispaly scrren, i want to get the old application ,which is, code that is there at beginning time of KIT.. How to reset the total kit???

thanks

padmaja.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by padmaja on Tue Jun 30 22:49:31 MST 2015

hi,

thanks for your reply. i"ll go through these links.If i have any doubts definitely i will ask.
  thanks

padmaja
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by chris.stocker on Tue Jun 30 07:43:12 MST 2015
padmaja,

uEZ is designed to support multiple products and MCUs for our product line and custom boards we have design. Drivers and code we develop and believe would be usefully to other customers are released to aid in new designs, so not all of the code you find will be useful for your specific application.

There are specific example project for the uEZGUI-1788-70WVM included in the release and you can also use the include project maker to build a simple starter application for your project for one of the supported compilers. The first thing you will need to do is build the uEZ library project, located in the release at "uEZ\Build\Generic\NXP\LPC1788\FreeRTOS". After building the project with the selected compiler you can build and run our standard SWIM demo, located in the release at "uEZDemos\Build\FDI\uEZGUI\uEZGUI-1788-70WVM".

The project maker documentation is available in the release at "Documentation\uEZ Project Maker Guide.pdf". The project generated will be based on SEGGER's emWin.

To get a better idea of the features of this unit you can reference the schematic, link below, and the platform file "uEZ\Source\Platform\FDI\uEZGUI_1788_70WVM\uEZGUI_1788_70WVM.c".

http://www.teamfdi.com/products/uEZGUI-1788-70WVM/sch/UEZGUI-1788-70WVM-BA_SCH_2.pdf

The connectors J4 and J5 are the primary interface from the MCU to an expansion board. These connectors through a flex cable allow the external board access to the processor features listed in the schematic and User's Manual for the unit. For example we have a reference design called the uEZGUI-EXP1 that can be used to add features like Ethernet, USB Host, and RS232 or RS485.

http://www.teamfdi.com/development-tools-kits/products/6/uEZGUI-EXP1

If you have more questions about our products or want to know more about specific services we offer feel free to contact us at support@teamfdi.com.

Chris Stocker
TeamFDI

0 Kudos