secondary boot loader mcuexpresso

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secondary boot loader mcuexpresso

chetferry
Contributor II

AN12327 has instructions for Kiel and IAR on how to modify the linker scripts for a secondary bootloader.  I am looking to do this with Mcuexpresso.  Mcuexpresso has managed linker script generation, I am hoping to stay in that flow yet figure out how to create a project where my bootloader and app code can be stitched together in mcuexpresso for development and debug.  Mostly looking for guidance on how to locate the bootloader and app code in memory, will be doing a custom bootloader that is different than what is in AN12327.  I will be using an LPC55S69 part.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

chetferry
Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @chetferry,

As you mention, the tools in MCUXpresso manage directly the linker script and make it easier to modify it. If you want to shift an application to a determined address, in the properties->C/C++ build->MCU settings modify the range address and the size, this will shift the vector table and all the registers to this new address, this in the application side:

Alexis_A_0-1608249924161.png

In the bootloader side, in the same tab, limit the region memory so the bootloader doesn't corrupt the application.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andal0on

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos