lpcxpresso55s36 unable to connect wire for probe index 1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpcxpresso55s36 unable to connect wire for probe index 1

mehdim
Contributor I

I am trying to program LPC55s36 board using MCU-link debug probe.

the fist time the board is connected but after debug session it never connects!

I tried it on different board and now I can not program any of them.

mehdim_0-1666636422458.png

mehdim_1-1666636451261.pngmehdim_2-1666636479959.pngmehdim_3-1666636501472.png

has anybody have any experience on that?

0 Kudos
11 Replies

All_Seer
Contributor II

Hi,

I was able to proceed with the debug of a program with Gavin's recommendation.

Solved: 回复: Error occurs when debugging FRDM-KW36: Unable ... - NXP Community

Thanks!

0 Kudos

amonreal
Contributor I

Hi,

Were you using the lpcxpresso55S36? I am not sure this board has OpenSDA since it is not one of the options on the dropdown menu in the link provided. 

0 Kudos

All_Seer
Contributor II

hi!

just wondering if this was solved?

i am encountering the same issue as well and am hoping somebody could help.

thanks!

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @All_Seer 

If you are using a LPC55 MCU, or similar LPC, try to set the MCU in ISP mode  and try to make a mass erase. This is common way to regain debugg access :). ISP mode enter procedure  is describen in the MCU user manual

Now, if you are using a custom board and the above still does not help,  try to review the SWD connections, have proper power rails.

If still you can not access by SWD, while you are on ISP mode, try to see if you can establish any connection with the ROM bootloader. This can be done with the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool or even with the Flash Magic tool. If you succed with this, try to erase one more time the flash.

All the best,

Diego

0 Kudos

amonreal
Contributor I

Hi @diego_charles 

I am having the same issue as other members of this post. I have tried the suggested advice but have a couple of questions for you

1. I was able to successfully enter ISP mode by switching jumper JP25 and was even able to to program the CMSIS-DAP and J-Link firmware, but I don't know how to make a mass erase from ISP mode. Trying to mass erase from MCUXpresso IDE shows no compatible probes attached. How do I mass erase in ISP mode?

2. Neither the MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning tool nor the Flash Magic tool show the LPC55S36 as options. Is there anything I can do to be able to use these tools with this processor?

Best,
Antonio 

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @amonreal 

I see!  the SPTv5 that I currently have,   does not have the LPC55s36, but does have the LPC5536. 

diego_charles_0-1678249354377.png

The S is version with secure features, like secure boot, debug authentication etc. Can you try to use the LPC553x? I presume that support for LPC55s36 will be added soon on SPT, I can not tell for Flash magic.

When  you are in ISP mode, you will need to use BHLOST to communicate with the ROM. However when attempting to burn a new image, the tool does the erase for you. Use the tool's show write script button to see the BLHOST write script, in the write image section. There you will be able to see an example of the use of BLHOST flash-erase-region command to make an erase.

diego_charles_1-1678249744886.png

Diego

0 Kudos

amonreal
Contributor I

Hi @diego_charles,

I went ahead and tried to use the LPC5536 setting but it didn't seem to detect it. However, it did detect it as a LPC55S69. I then went ahead and generated the BLHOST write script with those settings. Used the tool's show write script button to see the BLHOST write script. Deleted the lines under "@echo ###Write image###" to only erase the flash and ran it as a batch file. This seemed to work, and once I came out of ISP mode the board didn't have CMSIS-DAP or J-Link firmware so I went back to ISP and installed those. 

However after all of that my issue still remains. Is there something I am doing wrong? Do you have any further advice? 

amonreal_0-1678407887659.png

amonreal_1-1678408087136.png

amonreal_2-1678408275545.png

amonreal_3-1678408305578.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Try to create a new MCUXpresso IDE workspace when open IDE, then use GUI Flash Tool to Erase chip:

Alice_Yang_0-1666679098071.png

Import a new simple SDK demo, debug again.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

amonreal
Contributor I

Hi @Alice_Yang,

I have the same issue using lpcxpresso55S36. Attempting to mass erase using GUI Flash Tool fails in the same way. Do you have any suggestions?

amonreal_0-1678229365236.png

amonreal_1-1678229393556.png

0 Kudos

Enjoy
Contributor II

Hi Alice:

I faced similiar problem when debug FRDM-KW36, while when I erase chip using GUI Flash Tool, the same error occured:

5.png

Is there other solutions?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Enjoy 

Recommend you take a ticket in Kinetis thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/bd-p/kinetis 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos