Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc4350 PDL USB CDC Example

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gregd on Wed Jan 18 09:24:14 MST 2012
I am working on getting the USB CDC example running that is included in the LPC43xx PDL.  The application on the Hitex LPC43xx board seems to run fine, but I am having problems getting the pc USB driver installed to work with this example. Do you have any additional information on how to get this driver installed on the pc?  I am running Windows 7.

Additionally, in the Abstract.txt files that are included with each example, they refer to the “LPC43xx Example Description” document.  Do you know where I can get a copy of this?  It doesn’t seem to be included in the LPC43xx PDL zip file.

Any additional resources you may be able to find related to using the USB on the LPC43xx for CDC would be appreciated.

Greg Dunn
304-542-4383
greg.dunn@eagleresearchcorp.com
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nxpUSBlib team on Tue Aug 07 14:52:32 MST 2012
The problem with the CDC locking up has been resolved and will be in the next release of nxpUSBlib due out in October.
In the meantime, you can tell nxpUSBlib to use the built-in ROM drivers by setting USE_USB_ROM_STACK to 1 in nxpUSBlibConfig.h

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by gregd on Thu Jan 19 07:28:10 MST 2012
After playing around with the inf file and looking at the inf file included with the nxpUSBLib, I was able to create a version that successfully installed the driver on Windows 7 64 bit.  The USB CDC example works OK for a while but then appears to lock up for some reason.  If you send several strings of characters the USB port will lock up and you have to restart the program on the LPC4350 to recover.  Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

I also noticed that the CDC example does not use the internal ROM drivers.  Is there any plans to release an example that shows how to use the internal ROM CDC driver?  I assume that the internal ROM CDC driver does work.  Is this a correct assumption?

Thanks,
Greg Dunn
304-542-4383
greg.dunn@eagleresearchcorp.com
0 Kudos