Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emWin without OS

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Fri Mar 09 04:39:48 MST 2012

hi,

i try to run emWin without an OS on my IAR 1788 SK.

everything compiles fine, but when i call GUI_init() the system crashs. Its a little hard to debug, because we dont get the emWin-source code. i implemented the Logging mechanism via UART and did this:

#define GUI_DEBUG_LEVEL GUI_DEBUG_LEVEL_LOG_ALL

but i dont get any messages!?

Anybody some experiece with running emWIn without an OS?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Daniel Widyanto on Mon Oct 08 21:32:17 MST 2012
Make a new thread and post your problem there. Don't hijack other people's thread.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by santosh on Mon Oct 01 04:03:03 MST 2012
hi,

i am using Embest 1788 board. They have given some sample emWin512 programs, that is working fine in keil.

that sample program, i have implemented in Rowley crosswork for ARM 2.1,build is successfull not getting any error. but i am not gating output, when i checked using  break point, i found problem in GUI_Init()function program is stocked there,not coming out of that GUI_Init() function.

i referred Embest Artist board's Rowley file, according to that i added libGUI.a file in my Rowley ,but still also same problem in GUI_Init() function.

here is the Embedded Artist board link:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/nxpemwinbspea1788lpcxpresso422keil421crossworks21msvs20101104...

can any one help me , how to over come from this problem., what are other file require to add in my Rowley. 
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by ktownsend on Sun Mar 11 18:43:02 MST 2012
All of the BSPs provided by NXP are configured to run without an OS by default.  I would strongly suggest starting with the latest version, though it is currently limited to Keil and Crossworks for ARM, but it does support all three LCDs from Embedded Artists and includes support for the simulator.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Dill on Fri Mar 09 08:42:41 MST 2012
hi,

i did start from the demo provided by segger which runs under embOS.I didnt know that the version you are providing is a diffrent one, it seems like this BSP

emWin 5.12 BSP for the IAR 1788-SK board - IAR Workbench for ARM

runs without an OS. so i'll try this.

thanks for your help!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by drs on Fri Mar 09 08:13:24 MST 2012
Are you running our release as is or did you make a change? It should build and run out of the box on a Embedded Artists LP1788 development board with their QVGA display.

There is a logging message mechanism in place in the library but we need to tweek it a bit to make it work and work better. This will be addressed in the next release coming out soon.

As for your immediate problem, did you change the size of the _avram or _aMemory arrays? Are they overlapping? Are they in the wrong segment?

Did you change the EMC initialization? Are you using different SDRAM? If so you might want to run a memory test to make sure memory is working right.
0 Kudos