cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the internal flash in rt1064

jalvarez96
Contributor I

Hi,
I am trying to use the internal flash of the RT1064 based on this example (https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/How-to-use-the-RT1064-on-chip-flash-as-NVM/ta-p/...) and I am getting this error.

Hard Fault (HFSR)
FORCED (30) Indicates a forced hard fault, generated by escalation of a fault with configurable priority that cannot be handled, either because of priority or because it is disabled.

Usage Fault(UFSR)
UNDEFINSTR (0) Undefined instruction.

Thanks
0 Kudos
5 Replies

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Could you please tell me what SDK version are you using and if you are using an RT1064-EVK?

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos

jalvarez96
Contributor I

Hi,

SDK version: 2.14.0.

Board: MIMXRT1064 - EVK

Regards,

Julian

0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jalvarez96,

I followed the steps mentioned in the article and seems to be working on my side.

Could you please double check? Or please share with me the exact changes you made in your project.

DanielRuvalcaba_0-1706818742983.png

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos

jalvarez96
Contributor I

Hi Daniel

In my project I included the functions related to the management of FLASH memory within a library (C Static Library). The functions declared in the library are the same as those in the "flexspi_nor_polling_transfer" example. The application with the functions declared outside the library (within the same project) works correctly but with the functions declared in the library does not.

Another fact, the project also works correctly with the link of the application to RAM (ignore the flash). With the latter configuration, the functions for managing the FLASH memory are included in the static library.

Regards,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Are you trying flexspi_nor_polling_transfer example or your own application?

I would recommend you to first try to replicate the article. Once you are able to use the internal flash, try to replicate the process in your application.

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos