Trouble connecting to board; MCUXpresso-LPC845 Breakout

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble connecting to board; MCUXpresso-LPC845 Breakout

PaulRishel
Contributor I

I've just started using MCUXpresso, because of the totally cool little LPC845 breakout board. I've loaded the SDK and a sample project. I can build the project, but when I try to debug, everything hangs, apparently waiting for the board to respond. I can see the board executing a "breathing LED" program, and it shows up in Device Manager as an LPC11U3x CMSIS-DAP v1.07. The VCOM is also available. Here's the dialog box that shows up when I try to debug. It never goes away, and some background process only goes away when I power down.

Well, OK, I don't seem to be able to upload the screen shot, but the banner title is: User Operation is Waiting

And the information in the box is:

Probe discovering for MCUXpresso IDE LinkServer (inc.CMSIS-DAP) probes.

Target Discovery: Trying: LinkServer LPC-Link (HID)

The user operation is waiting for background work to complete.

I'm using Windows 7.

I hope somebody can help!

Paul Rishel

0 Kudos
4 Replies

PaulRishel
Contributor I

Here it is...

PaulRishel_0-1669744239720.png

I'm retired and don't have lots of resources to upgrade OS's. One of the reasons I want to try MCUXpress is that it's said to run on Win7.

I noticed something about upgrading the firmware in the CMSIS-DAP usb adapter. Should I dig into that?

Paul

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Yes, doing that upgrade should not hurt.

0 Kudos

PaulRishel
Contributor I

OK I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Can you try again to upload the screenshot? You can copy-paste the bitmap/file directly into the response too.

As you are using Windows 7: I'm not sure, but this could be your problem. Is there any reason for using that Windows version? Can you try with a more recent one, just in case?

0 Kudos