cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI issues in the LPC54018

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi,

we are working with the customized LPC54018 Micro-controller interface with the TFT_DISPLAY(ST7789V).Actually our display was working properly in the NON-XIP Project.While we are  working with XIP Project where we getting the clock data but the display doesn't shown the correct data/ didn't get refreshed?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You can download the code to spifi flash and check the SYSCON register to know the LCD driving clock, SPIFI driving clock frequency,cpu clock frequency.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1672113496989.png

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi Xianjun Rong;

In XIP and NO-XIP both the frequency are configured as same.But the execution speed is low while compare with the NO-XIP. what is the reason behind to slow down the speed of execution in XIP Mode.Is there is any other option to increases the clock speed in XIP Mode.

I was attached the images of frequency of XIP and NON-XIP and also attached the project file of XIP and NO-XIP in ZIP File.

NO-XIPNO-XIP  XIPXIP

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Is there is anyway to increases the frequency in the XIP mode?

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Is there is any other option to check?Please Kindly Reply us.

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi Xianjun Rong;

1.I was download the SPIFI flash and set the clock as 96MHz.

2.And we are not used the LCD Driving clock because TFT was connected with the FLEXCOMM 9.And the clock was set as 96 MHZ.

3.Then the CPU Clock was in 12 MHz.

4.Finally there is no change in speed of the display same as before.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked the data sheet of TFT_DISPLAY(ST7789V), it is three wires spi interface, you said that the display was working properly in the NON-XIP Project, but did not work when you run the project in XIP.

Pls check the following items:

1)pls check if the display spi signals are overlapped with the spifi siganal which is connected to spifi flash.

2)Pls try to create a LED toggling example in XIP mode(toggling a LED in a fixed period Timer ISR), and check if the LED can toggle in XIP mode.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi XiangJun Rong,

I was worked with LED Toggle examples in the LPC54018 Controller. Where the LED was worked very well and there is no overlapped in the SPI signals

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This is my guess, Running in internal SRAM is faster that that of running in spifi flash, which leads to the fact that the core can not update the data in display buffer in time. If it is the case, pls simplify the code to reduce the core load.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi XiangJun Rong,

According to your suggestion I was reduce the core load to flash the code in TFT Display.I got the data in my display.But the speed quite low compare to NON-XIP. I was attach the Video file of XIP and NON-XIP Execution in display.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have played your *.mp4 file, when you run in XIP mode, it appears that core clock is very low compared with the running in on-chip RAM, pls check the core clock, LCD driving clock and pixel clock frequency in XIP mode.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

How to check the  LCD driving clock and pixel clock frequency in XIP mode?.

0 Kudos