Replacing LPC2294 and LPC2129

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing LPC2294 and LPC2129

johnvanmaanen
Contributor I

What parts can we use to replace LPC2294 and LPC2129? We use them in various products and it seems they are not in production anymore.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI johnvanmaanen

We have pin to pin replacement LPC177x/8x for LPC23xx and LPC24xx but not replacement for LPC21xx/22xx.

If you want, please send me your requirement. Flash/RAM size, CPU frequency, necessary peripherals needed. I can help you look for a replacement. but please note, not pin to pin replacement.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

johnvanmaanen
Contributor I

Hello Jun Zhang,

We need the same speed and memory. The LPC2294 uses 4 CAN interfaces and an external memory interface (32 bits data). We connect to the application over two RS232 ports. The LPC2129 uses 1 CAN interface, 16 GPIO, SPI for an external EEPROM (could be replaced by internal 512 byte EEPROM) and 1 RS232 interface.

Kind regards,

John

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Other LPC don't have 4CAN. If 4 CAN module is must, check S32K3

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/s32k-automotive-mc...

If 1 CAN,  You can consider  iMXRT

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

If I remember correctly, some of the LPC17xx MCUs were designed to be pin-compatible to LPC21xx device. I didn't deal much in NXP MCUs at that time to know much details. But as it seems, this MCUs are phased out as well.

I would seriously consider a redesign with a modern MCU. 

0 Kudos