Project migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project migration

JK_265
Contributor II

Currently using MCUXpresso 11.5 with SDK 2.11.  I would like to migrate to 11.8 / 2.14.  Is there a whitepaper or something on how to best migrate my existing BSP and applicaiton code?  I really don't want to lose that and have to start all over from scratch.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

PhilV
Contributor III

Do you have both IDE versions still installed?
I was caught out by this that although the workspace and projects were independent the SDKs were installed in a "default common area" - what happened in my case is that the 2.14 SDK will only be accepted by the 11.8 IDE, but it is in the common space...

If you open the older IDE it will attempt to load the SDK, report that it can't, and then the default behaviour is to delete the offending SDK.

I found it caused a lot of problems having both IDE installed at the same time (or at least opening the older IDE once I'd installed the new SDKs caused problems).

0 Kudos

JK_265
Contributor II

So, I think that got through what I would call the 'cohabitation' problem:

0) Leave the old version of MCUXpresso alone.  Probably best to close it.
1) Download the 2.14 SDK, making sure to select the option for MCUXpresso during generation.
2) Make a folder of your choice like ...\mcuxpresso\SDK_2.14\SDKPackages
3) Copy the SDK ZIP file to that folder and expand all the contents there
4) Open MCUXpresso, and go to Windows->Preferences and burrow down to the following setting.  Add the folder in step #2, and bump it to the front of the list.

JK_265_0-1693335200668.png

5) Restart the new version of the MCUXpresso.

Having said that, I could still use some guidance on how to best import the existing MCUXpresso project into version 11.8.  I have modified the project heavily to feed the output into IAR.  I don't build within MCUXpresso - just use the configuration tools and code generation capabilities to feed into the IAR workflow.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

JK_265
Contributor II

I decided to move ahead with installing the 11.8 version of MCUXpresso and a new SDK.  Based on what I have seen previously, there was pretty good isolation between old and new versions.  I installed MCUXpresso 11.8, but when I try to import a pre-downloaded SDK for LPC5514 (SDK version 2.14), it copies the ZIP file but that's it - it does not list the micro under the proper tab for a new project.  If I try to create a new project and have it pull the SDK directly from NXP I got the following error at the end of the install:

JK_265_0-1693326568688.png

Any ideas what is going on?

0 Kudos