Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso J-Link encountered a problem for LPC865

Jump to solution
uzza9
Contributor III

Hello NXP Community,

I have a problem to run MCUXpresso with J-Link for my target board with LPC865.
Error message tells that "JLink Debug has encountered a problem".
As I looked into J-Link Debug Settings, it does not seem that JLink Debugger Settings of MCUXpresso has appropriate device.
I have set "Cortex-M0+" as device type in my JLink Debug SettingsFile.jlink because target device settings list of SEGGER J-Link V7.88 has it , but no LPC865 (or representative), however that does not work.

For your better understanding my case;
1. MCUXpresso version: v11.8.0
2. J-Link version: v7.88m (2023-07-19)
3. MCU: LPC865M201
4. attached you will see screen capture of;
a. JLink Debugger settings
b. target device settings list of SEGGER J-Link V7.88
c. JLink Debug SettingsFile.jlink

Please let me know how to get the appropriate device of LPC865 for MCUXpresso with J-Link.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
uzza9
Contributor III

Hi XiangJun Rong,

I got clear and thank you for your clarification that saves my effort to struggle the J-Link to my target with LPC865.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that you use LPCXpresso860-Max board and MCUXPresso tools.

In the case, you can connect the J4 usb connector to PC,then delete the *Debug.launch file, which can be generated automatically.

Then click "Debug", the MCUXPresso tools can detect the correct probe you connected, and download.

If you use your own board and true J-Link device from Segger, I am sorry.

If you use LPCXpresso860-Max board and J-Link device from Segger, you have to close JP1, connect the J-Link device to J7.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1702433603744.png

0 Kudos
uzza9
Contributor III

Hello XiangJun Rong,

Thank you for your clarification.

It sounds like I CAN NOT use the Segger J-link probe (I am trying to use J-Link Base) for my custom board with LPC865. My team developed the custom board by referring to LPCXpresso860-Max board

For your information, I have been using P&E Multilink Universal probe for my custom board debugging without problem. However I am trying to use Segger J-Link probe so that I can do "attach to running target" option that does not seem to work with P&E Multilink probe.

My new question, is there a way to "attach to running target" (or similar) for the P&E probe?

By the way, I attached pop up error message of "Unable to find device LPC865" that I ran into while connecting the Segger probe to my custom board.

It will be appreciated if you provide me any technical tip to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Because the LPC86x is a newly released sub-family, it is possible that the J-Link device from Segger does not support it.

Pls ask Segger support

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
uzza9
Contributor III

Hi XiangJun Rong,

I got clear and thank you for your clarification that saves my effort to struggle the J-Link to my target with LPC865.

0 Kudos