LPCXpresso11u68 UART

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso11u68 UART

mjuggles
Contributor II

I have connected and programmed a LPCXpresso11u68 (OM13058) but do not see an associated USB COM port.  Does the LPCXpresso11u68 have this feature?  If so, where is it documented?

Thank you,

Mark

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

mjuggles
Contributor II

I started with the link on the package for the LPCXpresso11U68 board:  LPC 32-bit Arm-based Microcontrollers|NXP 

This links to processor selection information and no information for this particular board.  Eventually I found a video which showed which USB port to connect.  "Target" or "Link"?  Usually debuggers connect to a target.  Wrong, "Link" is used for debugging.

MCXXpresso could not locate a debugger even with "MCXXpresso IDE LinkServer (inc. CMSIS-DAP) probes) checked.

The Windows 7 Device Manager shows "CMSIS-DAP" by NXP under HID devices.

Eventually I tried the "LPC-Link 2 Configurator Tool" and updated CMSIS-DAP.  It still didn't work.  Then I programmed the Segger J-Link image and MCUXpresso detected it and programming/debugging was possible.  Just no UART access.

It looks like maybe CMSIS-DAP supports a UART but Segger J-Link does not.  Eventually I discovered LPCScrypt v1.8.2 which says that it is the "recommenced" tool for programming the latest versions of CMSIS-DAP and J-Link firmware for LPCXpresso V2/V3 boards (although it does not mention LPC11).  I was able to program the board with CMSIS-DAP.  MCUXpresso still doesn't see the board. 

So Plan B is to program with Segger J-Link and solder to the board.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark Johnson,
Thanks for your reply.
In my testing, the LPCXpresso11U68 board is able to be enumerated as a HID+CDC composite device no matter be programmed with CMSIS-DAP or J-Link firmware when it connects the PC host.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Fig 1

pastedImage_4.png

Fig 2

pastedImage_5.png

Fig 3

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark Johnson,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, I was wondering if you can introduce the testing process, it can help me to figure it out.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos