cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S6x Secure Boot Threadx Execution Error

jean_b
Contributor I

Hello,

I am experiencing issues when using the Secure Boot on a LPC55S69 JBD100 microcontroller.
I am trying to sign my software to ensure the integrity of the flashed image. For that I am following the AN12283 guide to activate the SecureBoot and sign my binaries.
I have:
- generated the certificates using openssl (section 3)
- signed the image (section 5.2)
- flashed it (section 5.3)
- prepared the CMPA and CFPA pages (sections 5.4 and 5.5)

I can see the main is correctly executed thanks to some logs, however after a millisecond I cannot see any operation performed. The Initialization completes, but the threads never start. And no error is reported through the HardFault handler.
When the secure boot is not active, the elf or unsigned binary images operate correctly, the threads automotically start after the initialization. Only in the signed image it does not.

It does not look like the error is with the signature in itself as the image is loading. So the verifications have passed correctly. So I do not understand how it can impact the threads execution. I have checked the signed binaries, they are identical to the unsigned ones except the image length, image type, image header offset fields, and the signature appended to the binary.

I tried to use a signed image of the lpc55S69 Threadx demo on an LPC55S69 evaluation board as well, and I get the exact same error.

What can cause this ?

Microcontroller: LPC55S69JBD100 B1
Tools:
  openssl 3.0.2
  elftosb-gui 1.0.12
  blhost 2.6.2

Thank you in advance and have a nice day

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

rjmalmeida0
Contributor III

I am also having trouble flashing a secure image of a ThreadX program. The initialization runs but no threads start.

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, sorry I notice this case has another replay, I will support your case in that.

Best regards,
Pavel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, my name is Pavel, and I will be supporting your case, let me research more information about this.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos