LPC55S69 EVK - I2C board to board Polling example - Slave Issue on difference Flexcomm

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 EVK - I2C board to board Polling example - Slave Issue on difference Flexcomm

SrinathVelavan
Contributor III

Hi, 

I am trying to work with LPC55S69 for a custom board project. As of now, I am testing the I2C interface of the MCU by running the lpcxpresso55s69_i2c_polling_b2b_master and slave example using 2 EVK boards. 

By default, the examples use Flexcomm4 (PIO1_20 and PIO1_21 for SDA and SCL pins). The example works fine and data is transferred between master board and slave board through I2C. 

But, when I tried to test out the Flexcomm1 ( PIO0_13 and PIO0_14 for SDA and SCL pins), the master and slave initialize but data is not received by the slave board. 

The following are the changes I made in the code:

1. Change CLOCK_AttachClk(kFRO12M_to_FLEXCOMM4); to CLOCK_AttachClk(kFRO12M_to_FLEXCOMM1)

2. RESET_PeripheralReset(kFC4_RST_SHIFT_RSTn); to RESET_PeripheralReset(kFC1_RST_SHIFT_RSTn);

3. Change pin_mux.c ( changed the pins from FC4 to FC1 as mentioned above)  and pin_mux.h ( defined PIO_FUNC ) 

Should I change anything else for the program to work if the Flexcomm is changed. 

Note: I have attached the working outputs and output when FC4 to FC1 is done and the pin_out of the EVK board .

The boards are connected through PMOD connector P20 to test the FC1 outputs

Please help with the issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @SrinathVelavan 

Use logic analyzer measure I2C signal, whether there is output on master side?

If not, check I2C pins connection, and also I2C registers refer to User Manual of lpc55s69.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos