LPC55S69 Break at Address for any SDK example.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 Break at Address for any SDK example.

c4corvettelover
Contributor I

Hello,

I am new to NXP microcontrollers and purchased an LPC55S69-EVK board for evaluation purposes.

I am running into an issue when I try to debug any of the SDK examples where the program will show the error:

Break at address "0x14005f30" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.

For a few seconds and then begin debugging. Even when the code starts to debug after this error message it does not run. Please see attached video of the SDK example "hello world".

This seems to happen with any SDK example I run.

I have the Revision A1 board and am running at 3.3V as specified in the HW manual.

Any insight would be appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

marles
Contributor I

Hi Steve,

I am facing exactly the same problem after I tried to debug the twr-ke18f adc12 example with the JLink Debugger.

So, do you mean that it is PC specific ?

What got changed by just compiling this demo project, that should be harmless... ?

Any help is highly appreciated, as I am completely lost now, the microcontroller cannot be programmed any more...

Best regards,

Paul

0 Kudos

c4corvettelover
Contributor I

Hi Paul,

In my case I was able to compile successfully on my home PC (No other FW Engineering Tools Installed and relatively fresh Win 10 install).

On both of my Win 10 work computers that have the other IDEs installed I get this error.

Are you also using a PC that has IDEs installed from other vendors (Renesas, Microchip, and/or Nordic)?

Best Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos

marles
Contributor I

Hi Steve,

I found out today what the problems was, in my case.

The memory map configuration (Project -> Properties->C/C++ Build->MCU settings) from the SDK examples was a default one (e.g. writing the flash memory from address 0x0), but my MCU was already programmed with the bootloader at different address than what was specified in this default map, so after running the debugger with the SDK example, my bootloader program on the MCU was compromised with corrupted data.

Today I have reprogrammed the bootloader and adjusted this memory map from the SDK example project accordingly, and now it works without problems.

Probably for you, it was something else...

Best,

Paul

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls follow up the procedure to download code and try to debug.

xiangjun_rong_0-1656643960087.png

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

c4corvettelover
Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun_rong,

I am using the procedure to import SDK example, then build, then debug as shown below.

Also I am plugging into the debug link uUSB port (P6) and Jumper (J4) is not installed.

Best Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls try to use another LPC55S69-EVK and check if you can download or not.

BR

XiangJun Rong

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

c4corvettelover
Contributor I

Hi XiangJun Rong,

Over the weekend I was successfully able to program the dev board using my personal PC and the same LPCXpresso version / SDK version. When I try either of my work computers I have this "Break at Address" issue.

I'm wondering if its due to me having the Renesas E2 Studio IDE and JLink drivers installed on my work PCs. Also on my work PCs I have atmel studio and Segger embedded studio. 

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, maybe the other IDE took effect the MCUXpresso IDE tools.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You have to connect the  P6 usb connector(Debug Link) to PC via usb cable, while J4 should be open.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I suppose that your Keil configuration is incorrect, especially the debugger configuration.

Pls refer to the ticket:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/LPCXpresso54608-Getting-Started-with-KEI...

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

c4corvettelover
Contributor I

Hello XiangJun,

I'm actually using the MCUXpresso IDE rather than Keil.

Thanks for your support though.

-Steve 

0 Kudos