cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S3x board in Secure Boot can't enable ISP mode

Jump to solution
yellowstoneamp
Contributor II

I need some help with a LPC55S3x board. I enabled Secure Boot on it by using the blhost commands, but now I cannot enter ISP mode anymore. When connecting the jumper for it on J12, the board is not recognized by the blhost commands or the Secure Provisioning tool (screenshot at the bottom). This means that I cannot clear the CMPA and restore the board to its original state. Multiple Provisioning tool version were used (v4,v5 and v7) with no success.

This has happened to 2 boards so there are two boards currently locked up.

Is there any way to fix this issue? Has anyone encountered a similar problem before? I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions. Thank you.

Here are the commands that were used to put the board into SB mode.

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM%,115200 -- get-property 17

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM%,115200 -- receive-sb-file "SB_Images\cust_mk_sk.sb"

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM%,115200 -- reset

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM%,115200 -j -- write-memory 0x0003DC00 "SB_Images\cfpa.bin"

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM%,115200 -j -- write-memory 0x0003E200 "SB_Images\cmpa.bin"

REM Flashing SecureBoot image in 1-bit flash.

@echo### Flashing SecureBoot image in 1-bit flash. ###

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM% -- fill-memory 0x2000f000 0x00000004 0xcf900000 word

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM% -- fill-memory 0x2000f000 0x00000004 0xc0000300 word

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM% -- configure-memory 0x110 0x2000f000

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM% -- flash-erase-region 0x0 0x40000 0x110

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM% -- write-memory 0x0 "SB_Images\hrot_sb_signed.sb" 0x110

@echo### Corrupting internal flash. ###

"blhost.exe" -p COM%PORTNUM%,115200 flash-erase-all

yellowstoneamp_0-1695403098336.png

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yellowstoneamp
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I was actually able to fix the issue. The Boot config in CMPA was set to 4 which is Autoboot so it couldn't go into ISP.

To solve this, one needs to use MCUXpresso IDE to clear it and get it out of Autoboot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
yellowstoneamp
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please help me understand what could have caused this issue? Do any of the commands that were ran look problematic to you?

Unfortunately, for our project using Provisioning tool with GUI is not practical so it would be very helpful to understand what causes this behavior 

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @yellowstoneamp 

Sorry it hard to say what caused the issue, for example configure CMAP/CFPA  with mistake, a I haven't tested wit this board for secure boot, not sure whether erase command flash-erase-all will erase CMPA/CFPA, so recommend use other erase commands.

Also strongly recommend you use SPT to generate CMPA/CFPA, then compare it with yours, then refer to UM and PFR definition( in attachment of UM) to check whether your CMPA/CFPA configured well. And there will be all the execute commands in log, you can also refer to. 

Before grogram CMPA and CFPA, carefully check the two files refer to PFR definition, and pay attention program the two files in one power cycle, I mean do not reset chip between program the two files.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
yellowstoneamp
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I was actually able to fix the issue. The Boot config in CMPA was set to 4 which is Autoboot so it couldn't go into ISP.

To solve this, one needs to use MCUXpresso IDE to clear it and get it out of Autoboot.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @yellowstoneamp 

There is no method to save board if it can not enter ISP mode.

Recommend you use Provisioning tool to enable secure boot:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcuxpresso-s...  

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
yellowstoneamp
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please help me understand what could have caused this issue? Do any of the commands that were ran look problematic to you?

Unfortunately, for our project using Provisioning tool with GUI is not practical so it would be very helpful to understand what causes this behavior 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos