Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC5534 MCU-Boot

Jump to solution
mjosborne1
Contributor III

Hi there,

Is there a version of MCU-Boot available for the LPC5534?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mjosborne1
Contributor III

Hmm. It can be included when building the SDKs and is available on the site: https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcu-bootload... 

I was just looking for an updated version that included the LPC; we ended up porting it from the K32 to the LPC on our own.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The MCU-boot is inside  Boot ROM:

192 KB on-chip boot ROM with bootloader that allows various boot options and APIs:
• Based on ISP pins or CMPA setting in PFR region, supports automated booting from internal flash.

About detail, you can refer to Chapter 26Boot ROM of lpc554x User Manual.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
mjosborne1
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

yes I understand that MCU-Boot is the ISP implementation in the LPC5534 ROM; I need a version of the MCU-Boot source code for the LPC5534 .

I'm porting an existing product based on the KL32 to the LPC5534 ; the existing product uses several MCU-Boot based loaders for production and ISP, and I need to update these to support the LPC5534 as well.

As you mentioned, MCU-Boot is the ROM ISP implementation on the LPC5534, so it must have been ported to the LPC5534 right?  However, I was unable to find this source code on the site in the part Downloads or in the SDK builder.

We are using the LPC5543 as a recommended alternative due to KL32 availability, so we would greatly appreciate help obtaining a version of MCU-Boot source code for the LPC5543 part, to make this transition easier.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @mjosborne1 ,

Sorry the code in MCU-boot is not open source, not public. 

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
mjosborne1
Contributor III

Hmm. It can be included when building the SDKs and is available on the site: https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/mcuxpresso-software-and-tools-/mcu-bootload... 

I was just looking for an updated version that included the LPC; we ended up porting it from the K32 to the LPC on our own.

0 Kudos