LPC54S018 running RNDIS and VCOM on USB HS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54S018 running RNDIS and VCOM on USB HS

rijn
Contributor I

Hi, i am trying to run multiple endpoints and running usb rndis and vcom demo together on USB HS, but it fail to work. anyone know how should i configure the endpoints ? or both of them to work together ?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

mbora
Contributor III

Hi, i wonder if you need a special driver for RNDIS. Driver included in vnic example includes only USB\VID_1FC9&PID_0095. In project included by @shaozhongliangs he defines Composite Device with PID_00A3. I've read (https://www.keil.com/pack/doc/mw/USB/html/dev_cdc_acm_rndis_bridge.html#autotoc_md49) that in order for RNDIS to work you need to provide address with MI_xx which indicates number of RNDIS interface.

So my question is, did anyone here managed to get it to work? And by work i mean communicate with another device, not only appear in networks window.
Does NXP provide driver for RNDIS composite device? 

Thank you.

mbora_0-1686740002384.png

0 Kudos

rijn
Contributor I

I attach here my demo , where device 1 = usbrndis device, device 2 = vcom

both device detected by windows and driver is installedd but usbrndis is not receiving and sending data, vcom how ever is working

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rijn 

I know your meaning. As you said "another "USB COMPOSITE DEVICE"", so recommend you first test the signal RNDIS demo first, check whether can be recognized by Device Manager, if yes, compare the Descriptors between the two.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

rijn
Contributor I

Can anyone help ?

i have already configured the usb descriptor to IAD , EFh , 02h , 01h. now windows is showing 2 device, one CDC VCOM and another "USB COMPOSITE DEVICE", i've tried installing rndis driver to it but device would not start.

what i did is i use multiple vcom demo i found, and modified the 2nd vcom to usb-rndis demo.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @rijn 

About RNDIS, how about refer to demo "cdc_vnic" under SDK:

Alice_Yang_0-1684488225740.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

rijn
Contributor I

this is not what i need, attached demo and explanation above.

0 Kudos

shaozhongliangs
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The attached project is a simple demonstration program based on LPC54018/SDK/usb_examples/usb_device_composite_cdc_vcom_cdc_vcom.
It is enumerated as one RNDIS network port and one virtual COM port.
This demo is to show how to build a composite USB device and to provide a
simple example for further development.

I tested the demo on WIN10. It works fine.

IDE: KEIL

HW:LPC54018 EVK + FS USB port

shaozhongliangs_0-1684934288435.png

shaozhongliangs_1-1684934287683.png

0 Kudos

mbora
Contributor III

Hi, i tried recreating your project on IMX RT1060, but i see on debugging console "VNIC EnetSend failed" log constantly. Also, i can't ping another device from host PC (it works on cdc_vnic example).
Are you sure it works well?
Also, I have few questions about project design.

1. Why do you use g_cdcVnic object to work with VNIC functions, and not g_deviceComposite->cdcVnic?

2.In  USB_DeviceCdcRndisCallback why you don't use VNIC_EnetGetSpeed() and VNIC_EnetGetLinkStatus() functions, but instead you write constant values?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

mbora
Contributor III
Answering my own question: It worked. I was missing FSL_FEATURE_PHYKSZ8081_USE_RMII50M_MODE flag.
0 Kudos