Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54113 ISP access over I2C

Jump to solution
andrewdeliso
Contributor IV

Hello,

I am working with LPC54113J256UK49Z and I am unable to get the ROM ISP to respond to the I2C bus.  Using the debugger and a sample app I am able to see the probe message on the correct i2c port.

143 >----uint8_t command[] = { SH_CMD_PROBE, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xA4 };

I am holding both ISP1 (PIO0_4) and ISP0 (PIO0_31) low and toggling the reset pin.  I can see that my application is not running.  I am issuing the i2c command in a loop, but the pin PIO0_4 remains high.

I do have something connected to the SPI port ( PIO0_12 ) with a 10MEG pull up.  I don't know if that is causing an issue or not.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrewdeliso
Contributor IV

I figured out the issues.

1. I had a coding error that was truncating some of my probe messages.
  2. On the LPC54113, the probe message carries a response.  You need to read it to keep in sync.
  3. The pins change behavior from when you Re-Invoke the boot ROM verses it coming up on its own.  The SPI pins in this case appear to become driven outputs low, verses being left enabled but unused in the ROM probing case.

-Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andrewdeliso
Contributor IV

Hello @Alice_Yang,

I have those signals connected.  I am using an iMX6 to program a LPC54113.  I am working on completing an in system programming application were the I2C bus on the iMX6 reprograms the LPC54113.  I am know the I2C lines are working because when I program my application via SWD I have no issues talking between the host processor and the LPC54113.  I also send the ISP probe message to that program and was able to receive it without issue.

The issue I am having is I hold ISP0 and ISP1 low to enter into the boot ROM for I2C/SPI communication I am unable to get ISP to go to 0.  My concern is that I have something connected to PIO0_12 which causes the system to think a SPI operation is underway and causes an issue.

I posted the array of the message I was sending in case I was simply reading the reference manual wrong and had a packet format error.

Thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

" My concern is that I have something connected to PIO0_12 which causes the system to think a SPI operation is underway and causes an issue."

-> Yes, maybe , how about disconnect PIO0_12.

Also use a logic measure the i2c signal, check whether send right command to LPC54113.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
andrewdeliso
Contributor IV

I figured out the issues.

1. I had a coding error that was truncating some of my probe messages.
  2. On the LPC54113, the probe message carries a response.  You need to read it to keep in sync.
  3. The pins change behavior from when you Re-Invoke the boot ROM verses it coming up on its own.  The SPI pins in this case appear to become driven outputs low, verses being left enabled but unused in the ROM probing case.

-Andy

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Make sure connect the right I2C signals:

Alice_Yang_0-1654509510839.png

Also could you please describe your application architecture more detail, and the steps to reproduce the issue.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos