cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC43xx - USB Device MSC Rom API - Device Memory size > 4GB

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nsmith17044 on Wed Feb 24 08:00:46 MST 2016
I created this topic separately from my previous post as the question is clearer now.

Evaluating the LPC43xx LPCOpen project usbd_rom_msc_ram.  My eventual goal is to target MMC integration for cards larger than 4GB.  It seems the original documentation on the MSC ROM API uses USBD_MSC_INIT_PARAM_T : MemorySize which is 32bits.  This would limit the full support size to 4GB.  However, looking at the current header file USDB_MSCUSER.H in the LPC_CHIP_43XX LPCOpen library (V2_12), I see at the end of the structure   uint64_t  MemorySize64;   I assume this has been added so to support memory devices larger the 4GB.  However I have found no documentation to support this member nor an example that uses it.

http://docs.lpcware.com/usbromlib/v1.0/struct_u_s_b_d___m_s_c___i_n_i_t___p_a_r_a_m___t.html#details

Can anyone clarify if sizes larger then 4GB are supported?  Should the MemorySize parameter be defined as 0 and then set the MemorySize64 to the actual size?  Are there any other initialization required? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies